Need help/advice on setting up grow tent in garage - Pics included

GoneP

Hey guys,

So Im about to embark on my second grow. I now have an area that I can use just for growing. I have a 3x3 x 6" tent that I am currently growing in (plants currently in veg).

I currently have the tent setup in my room, but fall is now here and temps are now cool enough so that I can use the garage space. Plus, the inline fan I have sounds like a damn jet engine, so I need to move the tent into this space.

I purchased 6" ducting and an inline fan rated at 240CFM. No filter/scrubber yet, but will be getting one soon.

I am running a 600w with dimmable ballast, temps in the garage where I plan on putting the tent are pretty steady at 70f and 50% RH during the day.

I basically need advice on how to properly do ventalition and intake in here. Heres the space, notice theres a opening at the bottom, and there is a junction box on the other size of the wall. Heres a pic, ill be posting some more shots in a min.

CAM00752.jpg

The bottom vent brings in fresh air from outside, and i was thinking of doing a passive intake for now with the tent flaps on the bottom open and vemting the hot air via the inline fan at the top. I could route the ducting up there, but Im not sure whats behind the rafters (i dont think its attic space).

Here what it looks like up top:

CAM007581.jpg

I would probably start out just venting up out of the tent and letting the hot air rise into the rafters and see how the temps are doing that.

Back
Top Bottom