Need help configuring my lighting

neenopacino

IM TRYING TO GET THE BEST RESULTS ON A DECENT BUDGET NOT TRYING TO BE SUPER CHEAP BUT NOT TRYING TO BE A POT FARMER EITHER MAYBE 6 TO EIGHT PLANT IN MY CLOSET SET UP DWC HONESTLY WANT TO GET A 150W HPS SYSTEM WITH 2 LED BULBS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS WOULD BE ENOUGH LIGHT FOR A NICE SIZE CLOSET GOING TO SET IT UP JUST LIKE A GROW DADDY BIG BOX:peace::cheer:

honestly i wouldn't suggest anything like an HPS in an inclosed closet with no ventilation mainly because 1. they produce ALOT of heat even lower watt bulbs 2. To achieve what you would want you would need ALOT of wattage and ALOT of ventilation then you would really have a low humidity issue too. Either stick with CFL's or LED's. do you math.. CFL's are VERY good for growing if you are using the correct color spectrums at the correct time.. IE: 200 watt 6700k for veggin (each plant or two if you setup correctly) and as many 125 watt 2700k's for budding. Main reason is.. a CFL at MOST in a close area will max your room out at about 88-91 with no fans (according to what you plan) You can put 4 hoods with 4 125 CFL's and maybe a few 150 watt replacement small 2700k CFL's on the side while budding to help achieve a larger yield.. All while saving yourself TONS of money and time on venting the heat out.

Of course nothing can bud like a 1000W HPS setup but we aren't all that lucky to have the space and money for that. So like i said stick with what is within your means for your medicine not just what sounds good and looks good.

LED tech is a very popular and sometimes VERY expensive route but my past experience says its well worth it for super dank closet budds.. I still stick with CFL's because i already own them but i get plenty yield out of a plastic tub i put a few lights over. 3 plants = about 3/4 pound in 6 week bud cycle for OG kush.

gotta be smart than the box it came in!

iv been useing cfls and this is my second grow in closet...tryed the hps with the first one and it got wayyyyyy to hot...cfls are perfect they are cheap and not hot at all ,and from all the info iv found they seem to be the best fit for closet grows:)good luck

Back
Top Bottom