Need help convincing someone

Marianne

I really need help convincing my mother in law to try medical cannabis. She just had a masectomy last week after being diagnosed with both non aggressive and aggresive breast cancer. I urged her to try medical cannabis to help with her surgery recovery and pain and nasuea from the pain medication and she shrugged it off and the pamphlet from ASA I printed out for her. I read her some studies and she just pointed out their are studies to back whatever you want to say.
After a while I finally got it out of her that she was afraid of being in an altered state of conciousness, especially once she starts her teaching job again. And she thinks it's a dangerous gateway drug that causes cancer even though I provided her with studies that said the oppisite. Studies basically don't mean anything to her.
Anyway, I thought, fine, it's her choice.
But she found out today the cancer was more aggressive than they thought and she will have to start chemo as soon as she recovers from her surgery.
She's going to get really sick and I'm worried about her. I hate to think stupid propaganda and a bad rep will keep her from using something that will not only keep her cancer in check but also the nasuea from the cancer treatments. What would you all say to her to convince her to try it?

I would maybe try a Vaporizer, it's proven to be a good way to ingest cannabis, maybe a Volcano, they are good.

It couldn't hurt to get a letter and try it? You need to go to the right kind of dispensary too, so many of them are slightly questionable in odd areas and such. If you need a suggestion PM me.

I know one of my best friends has been using medical cannabis since she had her double... and I've seen the result, she went from an agorophobic mess down to under 90lbs to better than normal, going out and doing her own shopping, walking the dog( a great dane ), driving to the mall for shoes ;p, owning her own life.

Anyway I'm babbling, hope it helps.

marek

some people are set in there ways, it might be usless tryin to convince her different than she has been told from the time she was young even if what she was told is based on lies and ignorance

HappyKid I am having this same problem with my grandma. They come from an older generation and its hard for them to believe what we say about MJ when all their life they where told these horrible things about it. The best progress I made with my grandma was I asked her to bring it up with her doctor and just see what he says. I can show her a million reports she can read it in the news blah blah but when her doctor tells her she listens.

Her sister had cancer in the 70s and the doc told my grandma to get her some MJ to help. I think thats the only reason She'll even consider it but its a real struggle

Hi.. I am recovering from stage 4 melanoma. Two major surgeries.. and an older female.
Thank God for my pot!!! and... Transfer Factor!! IF any of your mothers or grandmothers would like to discuss the benefits of pot with me.. I would be glad to help if I can
:smokin3:

I find that people in our parents' generation are much more likely to listen to their doctors then they are to read studies or to listen to advice from others, especially those younger than they. Suggest that your mother-in-law ask her doctor for his or her opinion and let the doctor make the call. If the doctor thinks MJ would be a good idea, then, you can probably help your mother-in-law get hooked up with a med supplier. If the doctor says no, your mother-in-law will be comfortable with her decision and you can know that you did your best to help her.

zazupitts said:
Hi.. I am recovering from stage 4 melanoma. Two major surgeries.. and an older female.
Thank God for my pot!!! and... Transfer Factor!! IF any of your mothers or grandmothers would like to discuss the benefits of pot with me.. I would be glad to help if I can
:smokin3:
High Ya Zazu. Welcome to 420. Thats really a nice offer you've made to everyone. Sorry to hear about your illness. You'll find support and friendship here. Lotsa sickos, er... i mean sick people here :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm still trying to convince my mother about the benfits of marijuana for my epilepsy condition, as opposed to the four different medications my doctor is giving me.

Because I have smoked since I was a teen, my mother's only comment when I mentioned it was "isn't that ironic." My young nephew was caught smoking pot, and according to her, is now the reason for all of his problems. So this is a reason to completely dispute the benefits of medical marijuana, according to her.

We also have a relative here that has AIDS, and has grown and smoked for years. The benefits to her have been a real lifesaving for her. It helps with nausea, and enables her to keep some weight on. But again, that doesn't seem to be enough for mom to see the benefits.

When I had my first seizure, my mother bombarded me with information on epilepsy.

So now I bombard her. I highlight "epilepsy" every time I see the word in the article. I have sent her to MarijuanaRX.com and encouraged her to look up epilepsy. I'm in my forties, and it is only now that I have talked to my mother about marijuana since I was a teen.

Just keep telling your mom that when she is ready to sit down and discuss this with an open mind, that you would like to talk about it. You love her and you care about her and would never do anything but try to help her. And continue to give her info on her health issues and medical marijuana. Maybe just leave it on the table or something, let her look at it by herself when she is ready. If she doesn't want to smoke or vape it, she might be willing to try a nice brownie. This would be so effective. We all know how much marijuana can help with chemo and nausea, so hopefully she will continue to be more open to the idea.

Best wishes to you and your mother, please keep us posted.

It sounds as though your loved one has learned to believe the line of bull the govt has regurgitated for years. Possibly make her aware of Marinol, an FDA approved synthetic THC treatment, if Food and Drug says it is safe she might be more apt to give it a shot. Also understand that many who have used the Synthesized THC received minimal relief, and the use of organically grown and bacteria free med mj from a dispensary is the best route. In regards to cancer, the use of a vaporizer should quell any protestations.

Back
Top Bottom