Need help diagnosing a problem with my plant

kirekosian

I started with 4 plants in a Hydroponic system, two of them ended up being male so I had to kill them. I use Aerogarden Extra LED. I started using the LED light that came with the Aerogarden, which is only 30W. Three weeks ago one one of the larger female started showing flower signs, however some of the leaves started turning yellowish. I thought its due to the light and the low power so I purchased Advanced Platinum Series P300 300w. I placed the light 2 days ago about 18" above the plant. However the plant started showing more yellow leaves (about 19 of them). I have attached a photo below, does anyone know what is going on here? Also for the light that I have what setting do you guys suggest putting it on? Just the bloom? or both bloom and veg? thank you guys.

-The only thing that I am missing is a fan for air circulation to the outside, I have two fans inside the tent though, with a dehumidifier.

Nutrition:
Fox Farm Grow Big Hydro Liquid
FoxFarm Big Bloom
FoxFarm Tiger Bloom
FoxFarm Beastie Bloomz

pH: 5.8-5.2
EC: 1.8-2.2
Humidity: 40% - 65%
Temp: 71F - 76F

Re: Need help diagnosing a problem with my plant.

I don't know how air tight those tents are, but if you don't have air coming in or going out, you could end up with an oxygen depletion depending on how much air the zippers and fabric parts let in. Just a guess though. If there is plenty of oxygen in the tent, then it could be nutrient burn or some kind of mineral deficiency.

I don't know how air tight those tents are, but if you don't have air coming in or going out, you could end up with an oxygen depletion depending on how much air the zippers and fabric parts let in. Just a guess though. If there is plenty of oxygen in the tent, then it could be nutrient burn or some kind of mineral deficiency.

Thank you for the reply, I have some of the side holes open so its not completely air tight and during the 12 hours of light I keep the door a little bit open. As far as the nutrition any recommendation on what can I do? I have flushed the whole system and used distilled water and added proper nutrition to it (the 3 foxfarm should be enough right?). Also there is another plant in there its a bit shorter but that one isn't any sign of problems.

Thank you for the reply, I have some of the side holes open so its not completely air tight and during the 12 hours of light I keep the door a little bit open. As far as the nutrition any recommendation on what can I do? I have flushed the whole system and used distilled water and added proper nutrition to it (the 3 foxfarm should be enough right?). Also there is another plant in there its a bit shorter but that one isn't any sign of problems.

Is the plant in soil?

Thank you guys, so I've been giving the plant only distilled water for past week and still the burns seem to be spreading. The EC is almost near zero. I have another female plant in the same environment and she is doing fine. Could it be due some genetic problem with the seed?

What size pots are they in?

They are in aerogarden, which is 1.2 gallons. It wasnt the idea size but I already had it and didnt want to spend on something new, could it be due to the size of water? also the both plants are sharing the same area would that cause this problem? I have seen people using this to grow weed so I thought it would be okay.

agultraled_tech_cutaway_1.jpg

Definitely nute burn/lock out
I'd start with checking your roots,ec,ph make sure your pens are calibrated.
I think your res is too small and probably a lack of air in the res
A pic of your hydro setup would help to diagnose

Z7 water treatment
Hydro guard
All are suppose to clear it up good
Are a few more
Check water temps
What size air pump you running ?

Definitely nute burn/lock out
I'd start with checking your roots,ec,ph make sure your pens are calibrated.
I think your res is too small and probably a lack of air in the res
A pic of your hydro setup would help to diagnose

Thank you for the respond, the roots look okay I also added hydroguard (bacillus root inoculant) but no result. The EC I kept it very close to zero for 1 week and still I had new leaves burning. I have 2 air stones in there plus the one air pump that comes with the aerogarden.

Is your root ball :
Big / small
Pearly white / tanned

If your ec has been 0 for a week I would add a small amount nutes 1/4 recommended dose bring you to around 0.8 ec
Ph around 5.8
I still think a plant that size will realy struggle with the res that small no matter how much air you pump in.
Check your res temps

Is your root ball :
Big / small
Pearly white / tanned

If your ec has been 0 for a week I would add a small amount nutes 1/4 recommended dose bring you to around 0.8 ec
Ph around 5.8
I still think a plant that size will realy struggle with the res that small no matter how much air you pump in.
Check your res temps

The root balls are not that big they are medium sized the whole container is 70% full but most of the roots are from the males that are left in there. They are pearly white though. I have been giving it the Z7 water treatment it seems to be working very slowly but the leaves are still faced down and not pointy and healthy looking. I think the issue would be the small container hopefully they can grow cause I dont think there is anything I can do to improve that.

Back
Top Bottom