Need help identifying and advice

FeeltheFX

420 Member
Heyoo! About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed some lower leaves turning yellowish/rust and the overall color looked a little pale. I presumed or thought it was a cal/mag issue. July 30 I gave it a dose of cal/mag.(1st and only time this season) By day 2-3 it the younger growth looked healthier but from Friday until today the yellowing has really spread throughout and upwards. Any advice or help identifying would be highly appreciated.
3 week into flower
Strain: Purple Wreck
Soil: FF Ocean Forest 3.5 gl airpot
Nutes: FF Trio Switched to flower nutes at first sign of flower. Ph’d water. Watering every 2-3 days depending on weight. Feeding once a week. Thanks I’m advance

796CE0E5-2492-4E9C-BEEE-7B84EAD3E206.jpeg

04082E04-CD77-402D-8F03-0F7C9D6F9697.jpeg

HI @FeeltheFX welcome to 420

From your description, seems like you did something to correct the problem so the new growth looked better
But then after a few days, the plant continues to shift nutes up the plant and the yellowing returns
I'm thinking you might want CaMg with every watering
A plant of that size probably needs more regular feeding now, it's large for the size of pot it's in

I have Runtz growing in a traditional plastic pot. Which is doing fantastic. The airport was more of an experimental plant. I wanted to see if there was a big difference between that and a traditional pot. It’s really not that big but still half the size of the Runtz.
I’ll keep up with the cal/mag at the next feeding and see how it plays out. Thanks for the response.

Thank you for bringing that up. This is only my second grow. Its been a crash course learning how to do this right. She’s had issues since sprout. For a hot second I’ve thought about adding a little Grow Big with the flower nutes. Might as well try. Only one way to figure this out. Thanks

HI @FeeltheFX welcome to 420

From your description, seems like you did something to correct the problem so the new growth looked better
But then after a few days, the plant continues to shift nutes up the plant and the yellowing returns
I'm thinking you might want CaMg with every watering
A plant of that size probably needs more regular feeding now, it's large for the size of pot it's in
CaMg with every watering or every feeding?

CaMg with every watering or every feeding?
Partly depends on what's left in the soil and what's in your feed; point is, it needs feeding until she's nice and green
Bump up the feed frequency and the green should return pretty quickly

You plant is a nice size and well on its way. The colors say that the plant is not getting enough of the nutrients it needs.

3 week into flower
Soil: FF Ocean Forest 3.5 gl airpot
The plant has the classic look of becoming underfed. It is large enough that it needs more than it can get from that amount of soil and it never will because of how fast the plant's flowers will soon be growing. You will have to help the plant out by providing what it needs.

Nutes: FF Trio Switched to flower nutes at first sign of flower.
Why did you stop the FoxFarm trio and switch to flowering nutrients? And, it might help if you tell us the what the 'flowering nutrients' are that you switched over to.

The trio is your "flowering" fertilizer. Follow the companies schedule that is found on-line and in print. It is available at some grow shops or will be mailed if you call the company. If the schedule is followed these sorts of nutrient deficiencies do not show up.

Same sort of thing as the Calcium-Magnesium that you added earlier. It helped the plant improve but then when the available Cal-Mag started running out the plant problems returned. Time to go back to adding the Cal-Mag to the schedule.

Yes, the uniform yellowing color and the area on the leaf fingers where the color is showing is often the result of not enough Nitrogen as others have mentioned. Coming up soon will be a deficiency of Potassium.

I really feel that if you do not jump on this soon it will be next to impossible to make it go away. Maybe be able to slow it down but it might not completely stop.

You plant is a nice size and well on its way. The colors say that the plant is not getting enough of the nutrients it needs.

The plant has the classic look of becoming underfed. It is large enough that it needs more than it can get from that amount of soil and it never will because of how fast the plant's flowers will soon be growing. You will have to help the plant out by providing what it needs.

Why did you stop the FoxFarm trio and switch to flowering nutrients? And, it might help if you tell us the what the 'flowering nutrients' are that you switched over to.

The trio is your "flowering" fertilizer. Follow the companies schedule that is found on-line and in print. It is available at some grow shops or will be mailed if you call the company. If the schedule is followed these sorts of nutrient deficiencies do not show up.

Same sort of thing as the Calcium-Magnesium that you added earlier. It helped the plant improve but then when the available Cal-Mag started running out the plant problems returned. Time to go back to adding the Cal-Mag to the schedule.

Yes, the uniform yellowing color and the area on the leaf fingers where the color is showing is often the result of not enough Nitrogen as others have mentioned. Coming up soon will be a deficiency of Potassium.

I really feel that if you do not jump on this soon it will be next to impossible to make it go away. Maybe be able to slow it down but it might not completely stop.
This is only my second grow. First time doing this to the extent of Ph-ing and using nutes. Yes I didn’t follow the schedule to a T. I’m only using the trio. Grow big during veg. The bottle of big bloom and tiger bloom said to apply at first sign of flower. I’m trying to figure this out. I wasn’t comfortable getting cavalier just throwing nutes around.

Back
Top Bottom