Help identify nutrient deficiency

Dla1980

420 Member
Hi All. I'm hoping someone can help me identify the nutrient deficiency here.

**Summary**

1) Growing medium is coir (cal mag soaked) and perlite

2) Added a nutrient blend inuding all trace elements. Added additional MgSO4 at the start but not since. I would add a little calcium nitrate + 12:cheesygrinsmiley:33 + trace elements once a week. Once I added addition potash.

3) I did have some bugs starting to take an interest but got a spray onto them and they haven't returned

4) I have 2 other plants in same grow medium and neither of those show same leaf signs

5) autoflowering (AK47 I think. I have a Jack Herer but the bugs really liked it)

6) have been away a bit so rather than a water each day (or as required) they sometimes go without water for several days and then I give them a good soaking.

Anywhere would be great

20220113_125806.jpg

Thanks Backgardian.. I might add a little MgSO4 next watering as I reckon its due. Plus it does look a bit like sulfur deficiency. I'll dissolve some of my 7 : 3 : 33 (incl Trace) too as I don't have a separate trace mix. I think I need to be careful not to overwater too. Cheers

With coco and perlite you need to be watering once, sometimes multiple times a day at 1/4 or so strength until runoff.

You can’t let that stuff dry out. I’d imagine that’s why you’re seeing deficiencies. You need a full line of nutrients, not just trace.

Find a nute line for hydro/coco, follow the recommended feed. pH nutrient mix at 5.8-61. Most likely will need to add 2-5mL or CalMag per feed.

Or….

Get some good soil and repot. They are in Veg and will recover as long as you’re not too rough.

Check out Agro Magen and Neem oil for the spider mites. It’s the only process I’ve found to work. Alternate between the two weekly.

Don’t use in Neem in flower, Agro Magen you can use up to 4 weeks in bloom. They say 7, I don’t recommend, but it’s food grade spray.

Check out Agro Magen and Neem oil for the spider mites. It’s the only process I’ve found to work. Alternate between the two weekly.

Don’t use in Neem in flower, Agro Magen you can use up to 4 weeks in bloom. They say 7, I don’t recommend, but it’s food grade spray.
Thanks @AdaminCO . I used a food grade spray designed for tomatos. Seemed to work OK for the mites (or whatever was having a go)

ditto AdaminCO

Coco coir is totally inert, there are zero nutrients in coco to sustain a plant so it must be bottle fed.

Coco coir is not the same as soil, so the wet / dry cycle is not needed, in fact coco should not be allowed to dry out.

Plain water does nothing to help a plant growing in coco…. coco plants are intended to be fed low dose nutes (1/4 strength) every day then as plants get larger most here feed 2X per day and in flower they feed 3X per day.

no mention of what value you are adjusting ph to…. ph matters in coco and should be set to 5.8

if you need to be gone for a few days at a time then suggest you switch to soil on your next grow.

I put them on a gravity feed drip system and went away for 4 days. I use nutrient always with coir as I understand it is a neutral medium. Plants looked much better when I returned. I think not having them on nutrient drip the last time I went away (added nutrient on surface then left) was the issue plus it didn't rain as forecast. I'll just drip system it (blumat) from now on.

Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom