Need help indentifying potential problem

Michaelsbuds

Hi Everyone!
Im not sure if this is a problem or not.
Its my first grow, so we're venturing into areas where this starship has not gone before!
Sorry the pictures might not help much.
On the big fans leaves on some of my plants there are very very small pin head size yellow spots.
To be honest it looked worse in the grow room.
Im looking at one I cut off and brought upstairs in my office and doesn't look all that bad.
Its not on all the leaves or all the plants either.
Just being overly cautious I guess, not wanting to have something get out of hand now.

IMG_07773.JPG

IMG_07783.JPG

IMG_07793.JPG

Details:
6 Cherry Bomb and 9 Goo strains
Day 60 out of the cloner, day 12 flowering.
Ebb and flow hydro,
2 HPS 1000w bulbs on 12/12 cycle plus 4 t-12 48" blubs 2700h
watering six times a day 15 minutes each time
PH is 5.8
PPM is 835
Daytime temp 77
Nighttime temp is 66
RH day 33% night 44%
Osculating fans going 24/7

Thanks for stopping by to look.
I appreciate the advice!!!!

Hey Buck;
Im ready for spring any time out west here, wow enough!
I looked again this morning. Its on quite a few of my plants actually.
it doesn't flake off,
Now looking under a magnifying glass I can see the little basterds!
I think I got mites! Shit, yep little dark things running on the underside.
Maybe eggs attached to the underside as well.

I also found gnats in the grow room. Espacially around my t-12 lights.
also stuck to my tape in the room . Are they a potential problem too?

What's the best remedy for the mites????

Hey Buck;
Im ready for spring any time out west here, wow enough!
I looked again this morning. Its on quite a few of my plants actually.
it doesn't flake off,
Now looking under a magnifying glass I can see the little basterds!
I think I got mites! Shit, yep little dark things running on the underside.
Maybe eggs attached to the underside as well.

I also found gnats in the grow room. Espacially around my t-12 lights.
also stuck to my tape in the room . Are they a potential problem too?

What's the best remedy for the mites????

i like azatrol for mite treatment. Works on the whole life cycle. Run every few weeks. Can go on leaves or in soil or hydro res.

A good knockdown treatment of SNS17 or pythium based insecticides is good. I would also consider using a pythium bomb in the grow area then be very carful about what you bring into the room. Nothing from outside.

Yup, I'm with McBudz, I use Azamax on my plants. I add it to the res right at start up and then again at the first res change. This way it is systemic meaning it is infused throughout your plant. The stuff is pretty nasty on spider mites, messes with their genetics. The tough part is their eggs, you need to kill the eggs or they will just keep reproducing, therefore the Azamax and the second dose. The eggs incubate for 7 days (from what I've heard) so you need to be ready to do battle again if you didn't kill all the eggs.

But you've got an outbreak and you've got to do something fast. Check out our sponsors for a foliar spray you can use for a topical application to your leaves. Something made with neem oil is an old favorite. But I wouldn't wait to order the stuff, go to your nearest hydro store or any good nursery, they should have exactly what you need.

They won't kill your plants, but they will spin webs on your buds making them pretty ugly. The time I had them the webs were on the leaves at the base where the individual leaf "fingers" met the leaf stem.

I hate those damn bugs!

Azamax is a very good product to use. It will take a few days to get them under control. also use some yellow sticky pads. On the really bad leaves I have found it best to just remove the really bad ones b4 treatment. But if it's all over just treat everything. One of the ways mites get into your grow area is due to they were on your clothing. I have made it a habit to jump into the shower and change b4 I enter my room. Good luck

Michaelsbuds... I used to fear bugs so much, spent alot of money and time trying to fight the battle, but never fully won..... UNTIL NOW! Hot Shot No pest strips are FANTASTIC! They have TOTTALY wiped out bugs in my Garden. Instead to re-typing a recent responce, I will cut and paste the whole thing. They are available almost anywhere... Lowes....etc, for under $7. I NO LONGER spray my plants with insecticides.....

The Hot Shot - No Pest Strips absolutely work GREAT! Just be careful in the way you use them. They are not supposed to be left out in living areas. KILLS THEM DEAD... in less than 24 hours with NO detrimental effects to the plants, just living organisms. It is odorless.

The best way to use them is to initially leave them in your Garden Area for a day or 2. Place them in a shaded area, opposite your exhaust so it draws the vapor through the plant area before exiting the room through your exhaust. Once you confirm that the bugs are dead, put it in a ZipLock bag for future use. For maintainance, bring it out once or twice a week during lights out, when you know you will not be in the room, and return to ZipLock in the morning before getting to work in the Garden.

Like Most insecticides, it can be harmfull to Humans with continous exposure, so handle with care, and just be SMART.

It seems to be killing the eggs also, but needs longer exposure. So if you bring it out every few days, the cycle WILL be broken!

Now lets talk about personal experience, not rumor...... I had read about it, but doubted it would work, I mean come on... I have spent alot of money and time fighting Mites and other bugs every few months, and some $7 hanging No Pest Strip could not be very effective, RIGHT? WRONG! It works so well, I have recommended it to all my Patients and Legal Grower Friends, and they have had the same success that I have!

I have Harvested since finding this Solution to bugs, and find that it DOES NOT effect your Bud in ANY noticable way! I hope you get one! You 2, will be AMAZED at its results!

M Sci;
Thanks for the update!
I just spent $50 on my arensal yesterday.
I do see the bugs dead all over my floor. (My floor is white too)
I am having some sucess.
But wow, this has been an expensive start up!
Some other guys who I respect the hell out of are also recomending Azatrol.
That ain't cheap either!
But whatever it takes.
Oh well, I'll probably get the pest strips as well, like you say they're cheap so you can go wrong on $7. Atleast I'll be ready for these bastards next time around!
I do appreciate you stopping by to comment!
I continue to be amazed at the "brotherhood" of this site!
All you guys are the best!!!

I wish I would have caught you before you spent the $$$! I believe the Hot Shot's are the BEST, and probably all that you needed. Seriously! I could not find a Live bug after only the first 24 hours.

M Sci;
Oh well....
Its only $$$$, everyones help is well intended.
I just bought the strip though!
Going to slip it in there in a bit.
I do like the idea of not having to spray anything more!
Some of this stuff looks lethal!
We'll let ya' all know how this works out!!!

M Sci;
Oh well....
Its only $$$$, everyones help is well intended.
I just bought the strip though!
Going to slip it in there in a bit.
I do like the idea of not having to spray anything more!
Some of this stuff looks lethal!
We'll let ya' all know how this works out!!!

I just bought one of those pest strip too! But I'm still going to spray my space with Home Defense and use the AzaMax at the start of the grow. I've dealt with the bugs before and I'm going to do everything I can to avoid it in the future. Mites are every where, and I have two dogs that run through the woods and rivers almost at will, I am exposed to them frequently so I feel it's a good idea to take every reasonable precaution.

And that's why I bought a pest strip too.

Good luck man.

FPF;
yea, exactly. I've got a dog too that roams around the 'hood here in Tahoe as well.
It sounnds as though it something thats going to happen. You've got to just do the dance and make preperations for them and try to keep them out. It just kinda caught me by surprise, really. There's still 10 feet of snow out there and these little critters find a way into the crop! Damm Basterds!

hey MB looks like everyone beat me to it. i've been out to lunch for the last 5 days or so (meds). it looks like mites to me. kill those bastards NOW!!!! do not wait, do not think maybe they'll go away. haha, they won't. i lost 5 plants last night because of them..

vigilance is key here

Back
Top Bottom