Need help with nutes and trace minerals

sully508

:grinjoint:hi im new to growing and i had a question about nutes.
i have been using MG 12-6-8 , liquid sea weed, and fish emulsion for veg. is this good enough as far as nutes for veg'n? or would you recomend something else? i plan on getting some bat guano
i have plants outside starting flower stage (a week ago) and got some bloom boster by MG its 15-30-15 and continued using liquid seaweed also. i know to increase phosphate for flowering. thats pretty much all i know about nutes.
im growing in soil, perlite and vermeculite. plants are in the ground. and look really good. The MG also has traces of boron, copper, iron, manganese, molybdenum and zinc. is this enough minerals?
will it taste bad w/ miracle grow and liquid seaweed (0-0-1) and fish emulsion (2-4-0) I also folair w/ CO2 water.
I have 13 small plants veg'n inside w/ fluor. and 5 females outside flowering. the plants outside are 4 months. the new batch is approx 4 weeks and also look good. moster by eva, and ww by nirvana.
outside they are tall (40+ inches) and really use up the nutes and water. I just want to make sure
before its to late. should i be using iguana juice or bloombastic or FF tiger bloom?
do i need additional trace nutes? and what are micro nutes and macro nutes?
any advice on nutes i would greatly appreciately it. this is my first grow.
sorry about all the questions. but im still learing.

thanks sully.

sully from boston.... i thought of godsmack :cheesygrinsmiley:

you don't want to over do the nutrients, start slow, thats the bigest problem, you need just the right amount or they will let you know... you don't have to add the trace nutes, not everyone does, there are a lot in the soil already. i like tiger bloom out of those 3 choices, it works very well.

hi hightide thanks for the advice. i will also go with tiger bloom. i was checking it out on the FF web page. its high in phosphate and has micros in it. i'm going order it today. there's no hydro shops around here. so i gotta buy it over the internet.
ill go easy on it at first. i already killed enough plants by over watering and over nuting lol
i killed half of my first batch by over watering/nutes and by packing the soil down to much killing the roots. but i wont make the same mistakes again or at least try not to.
speaking of godsmack i used to work w/ robbie merril (the bass player)doing asbestos removal. we smoked many bones at lunch time. i used to party w/ them in the mid 90's
when they were a local band. but they were'nt a local band for long. they are f 'n awesome.

thanks for the info, for replying so fast. take care. :thanks::yummy:
sully

thats really cool, i've been playing the bass for over 9 years now because of robbie!! his bass lines sound good, are fun, and not to hard. have you herd the new single "whiskey hangover" i can't wait for the new album next year.

what kind of soil are you using? it would be good to get a fox farm soil too... but they are pretty expensive online cuz of shipping.

i got Scotts potting and MG. mixed with perlite, and compost w/ cow manure. i really used what i could afford.
i have a regular garden w/green beans, spinich,tomatoes and red and green peppers. i have 5 plants outside behind these plants to make it not to visible. and i have 13 plants veg'n under high wattage cfls (1 150 watt 6400k and 1 200 watt 5000k) inside. i used the scotts potting mix and a little perlite and peat moss mix.
but they're are ready to go into 3 gal. pots. i have no soil yet but im going to have to get some soon.

i have'nt heard godsmack's new release yet. whiskey hangover? ill but then again i really havent been listening to the radio since the kids are out of school.
i'll go on their web page and check it out.
i've been playing guitar and piano since i was 13.my parents made me go to music school. im 40 now and am in a band. we play mostly cover songs but i used to write my own before joining this band "the optic". in my earlier days i was more serious about it but now i find myself teaching my children. i never thought id be in a cover band. but then again i never thought id have kids either. its to bad where so far away we could play some godsmack tunes.
any way ill get a very large bag of FF at a hydro store i just found. its approx 20 miles away. but it beats paying for shipping. they have tiger bloom also. im going tomorrow to pick up some supplies.
thanks again.
hey ill be in touch after the hydro store.
rock on bro;)

Back
Top Bottom