Need help with setting up my space.

AKDrifter

Hello all,

I am right at square one with setting up my small grow area. As of right now I have beans for Lowryder #2, Top 44, and Lowlife Ak47 auto. I will also be running a 120v line in to power up the spot.

I have lots of questions and have read every post here which has answered a lot of them, but am still a bit unclear on a few things. It has been a LONG time since I have been able to grow, and first indoor attempt. I have $$ and want to set this space up right from the start, my max is 1K but would love to spend half that.

I have picked the beans for their fast grow cycle as well as size of the plants. I would really like to do batches of 10 if possible.

My plan is to go with the Homebox L (39.5x39.5x78), and a cooled 400w MH/HPS fixture. Is anyone running a similar set up? I am thinking I will run one fan dedicated to the light, and another for a fresh air and odor removal line to a carbon filter. So far that is a pretty standard set up, but I am wondering if I will be able to get away with this for 10 2 gal pots?

What would be my best bet for a cooled 400w MH/HPS? there are so many available my head is spinning. I would like to buy the best once.

Also would this fan be a good choice for the light? Fantech FR150 Inline Centrifugal Fan - 6 Inch Duct 243 cfm - Fantech - FR Series Inline Centrifugal Fans

The road block is it is an attic space and it is blazing hot up there except for about five months, so I would like to get two good cycles through to last me the rest of the year, that is if I can not come up with some clever ideas to keep temps down later on. ( I may drop a 4" duct into the laundry room to steal some ac'd air from the house below)

I am going to put this together over the next month or so, and once the temps drop a tad I will get growing.

Any ideas or input are greatly appreciated.

:ganjamon:

Hey, you don't have to use pots. The Homebox grow i've seen he uses grow
bags. Their easier to get more in because you can shape them. Check out
'getsumkin' in the member list he's got the exact same setup your talkin bout.
He can tell you where to get what you needin. :grinjoint: I've been lookin for a
good spot to find lowryder#2 beanage, any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom