Need Advice 2x4x7 Grow tent ventilation 600W

d4money1

Hi I have some questions before i put my operation into action. I have a 2x4x7 Grow Tent and I was aiming for a a 600W MH/HPS combo with an AC Reflector hood but I'm concerned about the amount of heat that will be in the tent.

I plan on running an 6" 440CFM Centrifugal Exhaust fan at the top on one side , but i also plan on running a inline booster fan for a little active intake pushing a little extra air in the tent. instead of completely passive the booster fan is just gonna have ducting running from outside the tent to the inside of the tent and wont be connected to anything its just to push more fresh air in.

so basically.... Intake fan > Ducting (just pushing through the tent opening, thats it) >Tent> AC Hood >Exhaust Fan/Carbon filter

I was wondering is that too much light to put in that amount of space? Does that sound of an adequate enough of ventilation system?
or Should i aim for a 400w?

Thanks

I think you'll be ok with that as long as the room that the tent is in stays about the temp you want the tent to be. With an air cooled hood the tent will only be a few degrees higher then the room its in. When my 400w ballast went out I stuck my 1k in my 2x4x5 veg tent for 2 weeks and it stayed at around 83 with a 6" inline but it was like couple weeks before Christmas so it was starting to get cooler here in my part of the world but hey that was a 1k too so IMHO I think you'll be ok as long you don't have overly long and curved duct runs...good luck you might have to run ac in the summer though...depending on how hot your climate gets

It's definitely not too much light, I have a 28"x60"x78" tent (almost the same size, a little bigger) and I am running 1 400w MH and 1 600w HPS and my plants produce tons of superdense frosty nugs... Just make sure to watch your temps and you will be fine...

As far as your tent... I would mount your carbon scrubber on the top of your tent.. towards the back...use some heavy duty strapping or wire... make sure its secure...

then hook up some ducting to the scrubber and attach it to the vented hood...so you will be pulling air from the tent, into the scrubber, thru the vented hood....

Next more ducting from the vented hood to your fan....

Your fan you can attach either next to your scrubber on the ceiling of your tent...or outside your tent...doesnt really matter, but inside your tent will help keep it a little more stealthy... the fan is sucking from the tent...and blowing out...so attach it this way...

This is how I first had mine set up... now I have 2 scrubbers and 2 fans, one runs 24/7 on an adjustable speed dial, the other only comes on with the lights, and goes off about 10 mins after lights go out...

I don't have any better photo's of my original setup on this computer, but here is the idea for the light... on the left you would have your scrubber mounted above..., on the right you would have your fan blowing out of the tent...
May_2nd_morning.JPG

Back
Top Bottom