Ventilation advice pretty please

Remystemple

hey team.
I have a veg tent in one room and a flower tent in another room. the veg tent has a 6" inline fan about 220cfm with a reducer to push the air out of a 4" tube that goes through a 4" hole in the wall into the flower room.
in the flower room i have a 6x6x6 "Y" out the window with another reducer on one side for the 4" tube and i vent the flower tent out through a 440cfm 6" exhaust fan that is inside the tent through 6" tubing out of the 6" "Y".

my problem is that the veg tent is still way too hot, and i was wondering if i should use the 440cfm fan out side of the tent, put it in the window with the "Y" attached and have it pull from both tents instead of pushing from the tents? and maybe just use the 220 to help it along?

any tips are worth gold.

Thanks.

" put it in the window with the "Y" attached and have it pull from both tents instead of pushing from the tents? "

Personally, yes Id do this. Post photos and results later on ;)

Thanks, man. couple hours for lights on i'll share some pics of my crazy set up.

Open 1 bottom flap in both tents l, have all the hot equipment up top of tents, have the Y connections sucking air out of the tents and out your window. This will cool things down. Your causing colder air from the bottom of tents to get sucked in and hot air sucked out. Should work perfectly.

Sounds like your Flex Duct is too long for a 4" Fan to suck the hot air out. What are the Temps up to ? There's a few ways to fix it. I use a 6 gallon Humidifier which is pretty much like a small swamp cooler. That drops my temps 5 - 8 degrees F.
I also have my House AC ducted into my tent. My tent stays 75 - 81 at all times. 90% of the time it's 77 - 79 F. Running the Humidifier on High through Veg keeps me at 65 - 70% RH & in Bloom I put it on low & RH stays 45 - 55%. Here's a few pics of what I'm talking about.
GEDC4685.JPG
GEDC4693.JPG
GEDC4687.JPG

Nice set up!

the temps were hitting 85f not any higher tho. i just don't like it being so close to the max. i've been tired and lazy and do have a pretty big humidifier i just haven't put it in the tent yet. that's on the list to do today now that you mentioned it. and was also thinking the tube might be a little long. i did cut it down by as much as i could last night. i think the 6" 220cfm doesn't like the reducer, but i don't feel like chopping more wall out to make the hole bigger lmao.

last time i was venting up into the attic. but was told by a few people that it's not the best thing to do because of the humidity. would venting the hot dry air from an ac be bad too?

If you vent into the attic & the exhaust fan runs 24/7 you have nothing to worry about. It's only when the fan isn't running that warm / hot air can seep through. The Air that would come out of the AC vent would be coming through the Return vent from in the house. But it can warm up as it passes through the attic; but I've never had a problem with it. It's worked great & I didn't have to buy a separate AC for my tent or raise my electric bill. AC units are sort of a closed system that has leaks so not a lot of hot air gets in. I use to install AC duct work in new track homes for a living 20 years ago.

here's what i have going on now. took the temps down a bit. i've been able to turn on a second light in the veg tent and it's only 83f. the good thing is that "winter is coming" and i'll have no problems with temps soon. probably gonna need a heater in every room in this leaky old building.

the first pic is the veg room. then the flower room with the vent hole. i'd make a vent hole in the veg room but i think it would be a heat score.

20190825_192059.jpg20190825_192136.jpg20190825_192159.jpg

Back
Top Bottom