Grow room advice with lighting and venting

importguy89

ok so I built a huge grow tent in my room. I run aeroponics and I have almost my entire setup complete minus grow lights and venting.can I get by the first flowering cycle with just 2 400watt hps and then after first flower go up to 600watts on each. im only doing 10 plants at a time in this tent. they are all in individual buckets with individual spray systems.my tent size is 7'6 tall 5'3 deep 10'3 wide. it comes out to 414 cubic ft on the inside of the tent. I was going to use a 220cfm booster fan in between both lights pushing to a y joint and into the 6" fan and filter combo which is 440cfm. so total that 660cfm of venting. will that be enough to vent the odors. im also buying a de humidifier to keep the humidity and temps down. ill pst up some pics. right now im just using the tent for veg but I will be vegging in another area. the picture with the plants in single system you can see pvc in the corners that is how much further the tent goes up.

image51010.JPG

image31017.JPG

image41016.JPG

image26925.JPG

image110007.JPG

ok so I built a huge grow tent in my room. I run aeroponics and I have almost my entire setup complete minus grow lights and venting.can I get by the first flowering cycle with just 2 400watt hps and then after first flower go up to 600watts on each. im only doing 10 plants at a time in this tent. they are all in individual buckets with individual spray systems.my tent size is 7'6 tall 5'3 deep 10'3 wide. it comes out to 414 cubic ft on the inside of the tent. I was going to use a 220cfm booster fan in between both lights pushing to a y joint and into the 6" fan and filter combo which is 440cfm. so total that 660cfm of venting. will that be enough to vent the odors. im also buying a de humidifier to keep the humidity and temps down. ill pst up some pics. right now im just using the tent for veg but I will be vegging in another area. the picture with the plants in single system you can see pvc in the corners that is how much further the tent goes up.

People often mess up with the y joint. What I would do is have your lights on one string of ducting meaning:

outside of tent: ducting: light: ducting: light: ducting: fan (pulling this direction >): other side of tent (ducting running back outside the tent)

This way your hot air never comes in contact with with the plants expect what is being heated up on the outside of the hoods.

If you worry about smell, just use the carbon filter with a separate fan inside the room as a "scrubber"

Interesting aero set up. I would put more red sprayers on that line and a bigger pump.
EDIT: although if that's a 250gph(looks like it?), that would probably accommodate the extra sprayer sites

I see what your saying about running the ducting that way. So instead of just pulling air from inside the tent to outside. Just start it from outside so it will always pull colder air past the lights. And if I do a scrubber with can fan just run it direct out. I will try and go up to 4 sprayers. But I went through trial and error to get the setup to work. They are 170gph pumps. Idk if it will pressurize the system enough to spray out of all 4 tips. But if it does work I'll update.

Forgot about this: If you do run the ducting that way, make sure you have a away to get fresh air in as well or you could seal the ducting and room and run co2, but if they are just trapped in there with no fresh air flow or co2 being pumped, they will suffocate

Also: it looks like your running t5's, in which case, you couldn't run the ducting like this.

Back
Top Bottom