Need some help

default4u

I am a new grower, i have 4 seni kush plants growing right now, kind of worried about 1 plant, they all lok healty as can be but one has two leave coming up like bird wings, is this ok ? let me know if this is a bad sign or ok, thx for your help, Tony

plants_9-3-11_008.JPG

I've read that cupping (turning upward) leaves can happen as a result of hard water. Too much calcium, magnesium carbonate, and even sulfur can prevent the absorption of phosphorus. Perhaps someone may be able to offer some better solutions, but I'd use distilled water until you get your tap water tested in case that's the problem. You may want to look at your nutrient content of your fertilizer also. I learned from my first time to go easy on the fertilizer. Especially if you are already using high quality soil with Perlite that drains efficiently. I used half strength Grow Big for vegging and Big Bloom for flowering from Fox Farms. I only fed once a week. Both are Kush plants and remained very healthy.

Hello thank you for the response,i have only fert one time so far with alaska fish fert 5-1-1, i have (4) plants all recieved the same amount of fert,that is the only one to do that, i will cut the mix in half next time hope that help, thx again Tony

Hello thank you for the response,i have only fert one time so far with alaska fish fert 5-1-1, i have (4) plants all recieved the same amount of fert,that is the only one to do that, i will cut the mix in half next time hope that help, thx again Tony

You're welcome, Tony. Some of these hybrids have some mutant looking leaves as well. I never used fish fertilizer for vegging due to the smell and what it attracts (pests). Try some bat guano for nitrogen or some Humboldt County's Own and Fox Farm fertilizers and see how you like them. I never use much fertilizer since I use high quality soil. I was fortunate to have some good info from a friend when I started. I'm new to this as well and there's always different ways to produce good results. I like to simplify things. Some strains are intolerant of fertilizers like the Big Bang Auto strain I grew this year. No big deal since it was a free seed with an order.

fish fert

Thx mad mike for your help,You are right about the fish fert it shrinks, and now i a dealing with little flying pest, put up some pest strips caught most of them, i used good soil to, 60% jungle grow organic 20% worm castings 10% perlite, 10% blood meal, no problem with pests until my bother bought over two seeds someone gave him with some cheap ass dollar general soil,and planted them in my grow room,that soil seems to be full of these tiny little flying shits, but you live and learn, i been sitting in my grow room killing these guys left and right, seems most are gone but i know there in the soil because they keep coming up, though i was over watering but been watering about one a week 200 mls per plant,know when they get biger i will have to water more, and they seem real healty growing like mad, love this site, everyones so much help, thx again, Tony, p.s these are free seeds too, wish i would have known better i would have got fem seeds i have 10 top 44 and 10 pinapple kush seeds to grow after i do this first grow and learn.

Re: fish fert

Thx mad mike for your help,You are right about the fish fert it shrinks, and now i a dealing with little flying pest, put up some pest strips caught most of them, i used good soil to, 60% jungle grow organic 20% worm castings 10% perlite, 10% blood meal, no problem with pests until my bother bought over two seeds someone gave him with some cheap ass dollar general soil,and planted them in my grow room,that soil seems to be full of these tiny little flying shits, but you live and learn, i been sitting in my grow room killing these guys left and right, seems most are gone but i know there in the soil because they keep coming up, though i was over watering but been watering about one a week 200 mls per plant,know when they get biger i will have to water more, and they seem real healty growing like mad, love this site, everyones so much help, thx again, Tony, p.s these are free seeds too, wish i would have known better i would have got fem seeds i have 10 top 44 and 10 pinapple kush seeds to grow after i do this first grow and learn.

You're welcome. Keep us posted on your progress. You seem to be growing indoors. That's something I've never done. I've never tried any pineapple strains either. They sound tasty. There's an abundance of purple strains in Northern California and I just do not like them. The plants are pretty but the smoke doesn't do it for me. Taste is important to me and prefer the pine, earth, and floral scents. There was great orange bud around here in the 80's as well as the Maui Wowie and Santa Marta. Three very pleasant smokes.

I am a new grower, i have 4 seni kush plants growing right now, kind of worried about 1 plant, they all lok healty as can be but one has two leave coming up like bird wings, is this ok ? let me know if this is a bad sign or ok, thx for your help, Tony

plants_9-3-11_008.JPG

I found this from another forum grower, and it seems like it's a good guide:
  • Too much marijuana fertilizer

• High Heat
  • Too much light

• Over Watering

• Not Enough Water

You need to check up on yoru growing methods before you start blaming the plant or anything else. Most of the problems that growers have are because of mistakes they make...and they just don't want to admit it.

Look at your grow room and see what's right and what's wrong. Once you get your growing groove on, things will get all the much easier. PRomise.

Back
Top Bottom