Need technical detail spec about activated carbon filter and spares

altainta

I wanted to buy phresh but the cost of delivery is so much to my country that i rather build 6-8 myself. So i put the initiative to do that exactly...

I would like to know what exact specification should be seen before purchasing granular activated carbon

1) Iodine value (how much is good and how much is very very good)
2) Particle size ?
3) The FILTER hole size ? (particle should not fall out ) (steel sheet perforated)
4) Any other thing to watch out for ? Like coconut shell carbon, ASH CONTENET, MOISTURE CONTENT, ph, density, TOTAL SURFACE AREA

Also i have 300cfm fan so what will be the good size for it 6" / 4" etc

I'm not sure of an iodine value measurement.

I used this idea when making my filter. I used items found around the house, and activated carbon pellets. Don't buy the dust when using this how to guide:
DIY Can-Filter

I was able to use a large cardboard tube for mine, and I cut large sections out of it for air flow, the bottom is open as well, and I wrapped the cardboard tube with plastic screen material, then put the pantyhose over it, filled it with carbon, and folded the end of the pantyhose over it, and secured it with a piece of tape that wraps all the way around.

It cost me $14 to build, and that was only the cost of the activated carbon.

@Antics
thanks for reply..
Please provide this info that will help me a lot in the decision making process

1) How effective is ?
2) how many plant you have with this filter ?
3) what is your grow size area ?
4) which strain you used with the filter ?
5) where did you put you filter on ground or hanging above ?
6) Which fan are you using with this filter ?
7) what is the CFM of the fan ?

1. It works well enough that I never smell it outside the room, but I can smell it a little inside the room. (grow is in a closet inside my computer room)
2. 2 plants
3. 60cmx90cm 213cm tall. 2ftx3ft 7ft tall
4. Med Gom, Quick One, and growing Cali Jack and Power Flower now.
5. Filter is mounted at the top of the grow area with the fan
6. I'm using a home table top fan, 30cm diameter, Honeywell Ht900
7. CFM is rated about 350CFM

Back
Top Bottom