Nevadans for Sensible Marijuana Laws Proposes 2012 Ballot Initiative

Weedpipe

420 Member
CARSON CITY, NEVADA — Nevadans for Sensible Marijuana Laws will submit an initiative petition to the Secretary of State on Wed, Jan. 6, and discuss the details of a 2012 ballot initiative that would establish a taxed and regulated marijuana market for adults 21 years of age and older in the state of Nevada.

Submission to the Secretary of State is a prerequisite to circulating the petition throughout the state. The campaign will need to collect 97.002 signatures by November 2010 in order to qualify for the November 2012 ballot.

On Wednesday, Schwartz will also unveil the campaign’s Web site, which will serve as a key educational and organizing tool over coming years.

Schwartz is campaign manager of Nevadans for sensible Marijuana Laws. “We are excited to be launching this historic campaign,” “We have literally spent months drafting this initiative and believe it is the best marijuana-related initiative ever proposed.

We are fully confident that we will qualify for the ballot and will garner majority support in 2012. As we embark on our signature drive, we are determined to use every interaction with Nevada residents to educate them about one simple fact: Marijuana, by every objective measure, is a safer substance than alcohol.

We will encourage voters to consider this fact and decide for themselves whether it makes sense to allow adults to use alcohol freely, but punish them if they choose to use a less harmful substance, marijuana.”

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Examiner.com
Author: Dev Meyers
Copyright: 2009 Clarity Digital Group
Website:Nevadans for Sensible Marijuana Laws proposes 2012 Ballot Initiative

I been looking forward to this day since 1974. I would like to help out MPPand Nevadans for Sensible Marijuana, get this to the voters. Can you tell me how?

Thanks for the update.

The economy in Nevada is still freaking horrible. They said Las Vegas would be one of the last cities to recover. A movement like this could change things completely. Amsterdam who?

No doubt. I am already planning on being in this business if this passes. This was running at 55% positive in the polls in 2006 until the powers that be came in with their big money and did an absolute blitz of anti marijuana ads for the last three months like nothing I have ever seen before. Talkin about how it was gonna ruin good neighborhoods. Like the two bars with slot machines in every strip mall and on every street corner here are good for the neighborhoods right? Damn Hypocrites. Hopefully people won't allow themselves to be fooled this time. Plus you have to figure a lot of the elderly who all voted against it last time are gone now and replaced by a younger generation that will support it.

I'll be right next to you in line for a business license if this is a go. We can be the first 702 Bubblegrown dispensary! Just think bigger bubbles. I just know they are going to have some pretty unreasonable hoops to jump thru for that business. But it would be nice to see Oscar Goodman on the strip one of these new years sporting a nice Roor piece on stage instead of his usual martini.:roorrip:

Like the two bars with slot machines in every strip mall and on every street corner here are good for the neighborhoods right?

Don't forget the awesome slot machine/cigarette smoking filled section in the front of all of our grocery stores. I love tobacco scented produce and second hand smoke just as much as the next guy, but really...

We can be the first 702 Bubblegrown dispensary!

I was hoping to open the first dispensary, but I went to a store front that was open on E. Sahara yesterday.
Then bought some clones from a traveling dispensary last night, :yummy:that I found on Craig List.

Back
Top Bottom