New Dr insulted me and proved to be uneducated and unprofessional - Need help

hop3less

Hello ; a little about myself first.

30 something year old male whom has been visiting the local compassion club since 2009 ; Family Doctor of over 25 years signed compassion centre membership papers so i could obtain safe medical cannabis through safe channels. This was after all other forms of big pharma medication were used on me and proved to be ineffective.

I recently moved out of Quebec Canada to SmallTown New Brunswick Canada.

Yesterday was my first appointment with my 'new' Doctor.

I showed him my compassion club membership and the info kit from New Brunswicks OrganiGrow.

He looked at it and laughed ; said what is this?

I explained to him that in 2009 my Family Doctor signed my papers giving me access to the local compassion club where i lived and that i had been using medical cannabis since then to alleviate symptoms of my problems.

He flat out told me I WONT SIGN NOR DO I SIGN THOSE PAPERS....

I replied "What the Hell? I'm supposed to support local organized crime now to get my medicine.."

He asked what i suffer from ; I replied GAD / Fibro i.e I have chronic pain and PTSD.

He laughed and said go see a psyche... I was insulted...

I said to him " I'm here asking you to sign for Medical Cannabis and your telling me I'm crazy and my previous Dr of 25 years whom has been caring for me is crazy? " He GIGGLED and said yes.

I simply walked out of his office.....

I was insulted. I was made to feel like a drug addict and liar. I was made to feel subhuman and felt like i was being treated like a teenager looking for a quick high.

He did not ask for my medical history , he did not ask to speak with my Dr in Quebec ; he did not ask for his name nor did he ask to have my medical files forwarded to him for verification.

Is a Doctor allowed to be negligent on such levels?

I have attempted in vain to contact Organigrow of NB but after 4 days they have not answered any of my queries... as such i will not be choosing them as a licensed provider should i get the documents needed to have a licensed provider send me my medicine.

I am asking the community here for help in finding a Dr that will sign the papers required for me to receive my medicine from a Licensed provider.

I am also considering filing a complaint against the DR whom treated me like a POS.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

Back
Top Bottom