New grow space questions

blazinlow

hello all im a newer grower with a few mediocre grows under my belt over the last few years. currently im growing in 2 2x4 tents but once the current grows finish up im planning to go to a single 4x4/6x6/8x8 stent or room to make it easier to control the enviroment. the main issue im having is with RH. im located in canada were the current RH is always at least 70% and it gets higher through out the year. currently if the lights are on the RH is around 60% and with the lights off its in the 70% range. i want to be able to get it down into the 40% range when flowering using a dehumidifier. i tried a small dehumidifier in one of the current tents and it did collect a decent amount of water however because im exhausting the air 24/7 it didnt actually lower the RH reading at all. So i have a few questions. the first is my assumption that because of my locations high RH year round the only way ill ever get the RH into the range i want will be a sealed grow room? if im using a sealed room a co2 setup is required correct? is there something im missing and overthinking this? has anyone in a high RH location dealt with this differantly. ive searched and searched but it seems that any post in regards to high RH just ends with the recommendations of a dehumidifier like the one i bought but there never seems a follow up with any results. any advice is appriecieted. budget isnt a huge concern nor is stealth as im in canada if that helps. thanks in advance

i guess another question is the tents are located in a 600sqf basement. would a say 70 pint dehumidifier located in the basement outside the tent work? that would make things alot easier. thanks again

Back
Top Bottom