New grower - need help

a252800

This is a great site, been learning a lot of great information and still looking for more. I am setting up my first grow room. My room is 15x11 feet, 8 ft ceilings. I just bought 6pot ebb n grow kit with clay pebbles and general hydroponics pH control kit. I have 2 4ft 4 bulb fluorescent light fixtures. Ceiling fan and two oscillating fans. I started my seeds in miracle grow potting mix and plan to put in hydro system when big enough...

My lighting understanding is Daylight spectrum bulbs for veg and full or wide spectrum for flower???

Also any help you guys can give me on room set up etc would be great.

Re: New grower, need help

What is the wattage of your lighting system? and im not hydro growing but im pretty sure you are supposed to start your plant in coco rockwool etc as how are you planning on washing the miracle grow off the roots before going in your system any residue left may clog pumps?

To make the most out of your grow space and have the largest harvests you could either use a LED panel or a High Intensity Discharge electronic 1000 watt Digital Dimmable Ballast with a Metal Halide light bulb for vegetative growth. I use Lumatek Digital Dimmable Ballasts. I am pleased to announce that I will soon featuring Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x in a grow journal as well. Kushington Farms has had excellent harvests using the Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x. For Fluorescent lights you want 6500 kelvin cool white light bulbs for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin warm white for flowering.

@Kushington Farms

Lumatek Digital Ballasts

https://www.perfectgardens.com digital ballasts 600w lumatek digital ballast dual

Lush LED Lighting grows amazing plants! Pics and videos!

yea I like the led idea I know someone whos using soil for a dwc but the water is low your doing ebb and flow you shouldn't be starting in soil a rooting plug would be better you can also use rockwool but it tends to stay a lot wetter and you have to have it in ph'd water to 5.5 for a time being before using it, its not necessary with the rooting plug
once the roots start showing out of the plug it can go into the hydro
one other thing miracle grow is not good for the plants we grow
Happy Growing and im sure there will be more input

Back
Top Bottom