New grower - need help

chanelly420

Hello I am a new grower I have six girls going and they are starting to curl under here is a picture they are only 14 week and a half can u please help I have had them under the light 24/0 since seeds.

Hello thanks for the welcome my plants are in soil they are only a week and 3 days old I honestly have no clue what I am doing first time growing I am reading so much info I don't even know where to start I try to upload pictures but I can't figure that out either

Just took a look at your babies. They look really good overall.:thumb:
You can toughen up those spindly stems by placing a small fan in your grow area- not a lot- just a gentle breeze. And when you transplant them you can bury the long stem and it will sprout roots so it's not a problem. And I'd transplant soon- they need room to spread out roots. If you don't already have soil, get some that drains well and use pots that have lots of holes for drainage.

Oh and are there drainage holes in the tray they are sitting in? Cannabis likes to dry out a bit between waterings so don't let them sit wet or they will soon wilt on you.

Getting your pictures into the gallery was the hard part. To post them to this Query click on the tiny camera icon (third from the right) and it will bring them up to select from.

Have you thought about starting a journal? It really helps having more experienced growers watching out for you- better odds for a successful grow when first starting out.

:peace:

Thank you for taking the time to look at my girls
What kind of soil do u suggest me using I was trying to get recipe 420 but since I live in Michigan and the only sell in California I read that the soil is basically the key to the plant and I want to get the best :cheer:

If you have a grow store near you I'd check out what they have. Happy Frog, Fox Farm Ocean Forrest, Black Gold, to name just a few- there's a lot of good soils.

Just make sure it's not Miracle Grow! And that it has plenty of perlite for drainage!

I use Fox farms, but it can burn seedlings, as it has a months worth of nutes in it. There's a lot better soils out there-it's just what works for me.

Your pots matter nearly as much as the soil- make sure you have lots of drainage holes in them.

Are your babies autos? Otherwise if they are regular seeds they will need a break from the 24 hour light. It helps them grow faster when they get dark for a few hours. 18 on-6 off is supposed to be the ideal light schedule for cannabis, although folks use anything from 20-4 to 16-8 and get good results.

Happy growing!

I started them all from seeds. When do u think it will be time to move to bigger pot a few days? Or do u think they r ready?

I'd transplant right now. They grow roots faster than the green tops so they are definitely ready. Don't forget to bury those stems a bit too. It will make them a more manageable height for you.

So I woke up and one of the girls was limp the whole thing. I transferred the plants today to 1 gallon pots I am using soil 707 hope it works guy at store said the fox farm would burn the seedlings up so to use that for three weeks the use the fox farms. He also said to keep ph at 6.0 to 6.2 do u agree and for the pH reader how long do I keep in water until I know what the right ph is? By the way thanks for all u r help greatly appreciated. :thumb::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Glad you transplanted- they needed it!:high-five:
A ph around 6.0 is a bit too low- good for growing in rockwool but not soil. Cannabis in soil likes a ph of 6.5 to 7.0. I usually test the water before I give it to them and then catch a bit of the runoff and test it too.

With my meter the numbers bounce around a bit and I wait for only a few seconds for it to stabilize.

And I'm happy to help out- these are not easy plants to grow. When I first started growing, I killed 12 seedlings before I found this website and got some help from experienced growers here.

It's a wonderful community of folks here at :420:

Happy growing!

Your soil looks a bit wet. I believe they are wilted because of wet roots.
Let them dry out and don't water again until the soil is really dry when you stick your finger into it.

Other possibilities could be too strong of a fan or too much heat?

Hello was hoping u could help again I woke up to day and was checking on my girls and I notice looked as if one of my plants was getting ate on I moved her pot around and looked like nates please help are they bad and gonna kill my plants?

Hello again. Stuck with my phone so I can't see your pics clearly.
Anyway-Fungus gnats won't eat the leaves. So I think you have something else going on.

Fungus gnats fly around but live in the soil eating fungus but when they run out of fungus they eat the roots.

Spider mites are another possibility. They leave white dehydrated spots on the leaves. You can recognize them by little webs and eggs on undersides of the leaves when looked at under magnification

If you have something big eating the leaves that would be a bit more unusual. Hope you can figure it out and get a picture of whatever it is.
Happy growing

Back
Top Bottom