New grower, need some advice

Ace

Currently I have two plants in two samll containers (will transplant to bigger pots soon) and have a few questions.

1) What type of potting soil do you recomend that I could pick up at a local Wal-mart? Currently I am using the miracle grow potting soil.

2)What type of nutrients do I need to buy once the nutrients from the soil are gone. Where can i get these?

3)Would it be ok to run 1-3 CFL bulbs, or sprial floro bulbs? Where can I get these?

Currently I am growing these in my living room with sunlight, but it's already July so I don't think these will have enough time for the Veg. cycle if they're kept in just sunlight. Any other tips or recomendations are appreciated.

Thanks

the miracle gro potting soil is fine for growing, though i do recommend getting the miracle gro organic choice garden soil and mixing some perlite in with it to keep it aeriated. both of these products are available at home depot. might want to get a 5 gal. bucket while you're there.

and also while you're there, pick up those CFLs in the flourescent lighting area. remember you need 50w for every square foot of grow area. don't pay attention to the actual wattage, pay attention to the comparable wattage (i.e. puts out as much as a ___ watt bulb).

when it comes to nutrients, use them only after about a month of growth. choose something high in nitrogen for vegetation and high in phosphates for budding. it's a matter of personal preference, but the only absolute is DO NOT USE MIRACLE GRO. it builds up in the buds and makes it burn the shit out of your throat. the nutrients might be the toughest area if you live in a small town that doesn't have a hydroponic store. i would try calling directory assistance (which is how i found my hydro store) or even ordering off of the internet.

sorry so lengthy, hope this helped. :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom