Needing help first time grower

newgrower667

I'm currently trying to grow...

So we are currently trying to grow a strain of Bruce Banner and Critical Mass these are our plants. There was a mite infestation but we are fighting that off with soapy water and a very light amount. We are using the fox farm soil to plant with and we are using water. My diagnosis based on the growers bible is that we are over feeding it and that is why the tips are burned. The red stems are from a magnesium deficiency. We bought clones. We are feeding them miracle grow and we put in a 1/4 teaspoon and 2 teaspoons of Epson salts. I am telling the person I am growing with that we need to stop using miracle grow and switch to a fox farm nutrient solution or earth juice something that is more balance. I tell him it is too miracle grow is too harsh for our plants. I am also telling him to spray under the leaves of the plants with the soapy water and to feed the plants AROUND the root not just the middle. I need help I am trying to follow the bible closely we have the correct lights. I want to make 1 final transplant in a bigger bucket then those shown I want a home depot bucket or 2 BIG 2 to 3 foot tall potting liners space is not an issue.

Get a fan blowing on them, mites don't like the breeze. Don't overwater, if the pot doesn't feel light and the top inch of soil doesn't feel dry, don't water. Lastly, if you're using miracle grow, I wouldn't feed nutrients at all unless the plant showed signs of defeciency, which it probably won't for a long time.

Awesome!!! I also have read maybe the light is too close I would say 4 to 7 inches above? Thank you so much jj & cana. I was definitely thinking of a fan but didn't know if it would cause resistance/stress on the plant. Also we pulled them from the light and all leaves are VERY green a healthy green. Would it be okay to move the plants in a seperate room for an hour to clean that room? Or just keep steady when should I subtract light?

Would it be okay to move the plants in a seperate room for an hour to clean that room? Or just keep steady when should I subtract light?

If you have to clean the room, just remove the plants for 30-60 minutes before (or after) normal lights out, clean, then move them back in-you'll be fine. For the most part, the ladies don't mind schedule disruptions from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom