New grower.. Wish me Luck!

Energi2er

Sup people.

Well I know a little more about growing now than I did just from browsing this site. I have tried several times to grow before with no success. Right now I have a plant that a friend of mine gave me, I transplanted it in my back yard about 2 weeks ago, its about 14" tall now and is doing really well except for a few bugs made dinner out of one of the leaves. I also have 5 seeds that Im playing with I soaked them in water 24 hours and 2 of them sank, now I am germinating all 5 using the paper towel method I put it between 2 plates and set it on top of my water heater, I just set em out yesterday and already one of the seeds has a little white thing popping out of it, so far so good, I will let you all know how they are doing. any tips for me at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, Has anyone ever heard of burrying a half of can of beer (with beer in it) near you plant, to keep the slugs off of it? The friend that gave me the plant told me that, so I did it and the next day I pulled a huge slug out of the beer. Seems to repel them.

Re: New grower.. Wish me Luck!!

yeah good luck dude. my tip is not to touch the root tip with your bare finger. the salts and stuff can mess up the root. i think i may have heard something about beer, never tryed it myself.

ok, I just checked my seeds and the one the white root is now about 1/4 inch long, I couldnt believe how fast it grew overnight. My question is what do I do next? Plant that one and leave the rest to sprout, or wait until they all sprout and plant them all at once. I plan on planting them in cups at first and placing them in a window, then moving them outside to make friends with my other one.

Ok I planted that one with the root facing down, but the temp in my house is 65 - 70 degrees, is that going to be to cold for it to pop up? (its around the same temp outside too).

Ok, I moved the pot outside setting in the sun and took the tempurature. It was around 87, 88 degrees in the sun. . Soo I will let ya know..

another seed sprouted looks like Ill be planting it today

Umm, None of my girls have popped up out of the soil, Its been a few days, and they are outside. Should I leave them outside until they come up or bring them inside and put a floro on them? Temp gets pretty cold here at night. Around 55 degrees or so.

i dont know its about my temp. and mine poped and i didnt germinate. just wait allittle longer and keep the soil moist, but if you want you can bring it in

well a little white thing finally popped out of the soil and it has a tiny green leaf but its pointing down towards the soil so its like a U shape. do you think it will eventually point up?

My plants are doing very well. that one is about an inch and half tall now. Just got 30 more seeds So I am going to start germinating. do you think it is to late in the year to start outdoor growing?

Back
Top Bottom