New Grower

tat2gee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DONT NO WAT IM GONNA DO IM REACHIN THE END OF MY ROAD.MY PLANTS LEAVES HAVE ALL CURLED DOWNWARDS ..DONT KNOW WHY.IM WATERING THEM ON TIME ,I CHECK THE SOIL TO SEEIF ITS TIME TO WATER ICHECK THE WATER BEFORE AND AFTER WATERIN FOR PH READINGS,AND IM BETWEEN 5.8 TO 6.5,MY RH IS AT 60PCT. AND MY TEMPS RIGHT NOW ARE AT 68 TO 73.I JUST DINT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO IM LOOSUING MY LOVE FOR THE GROW..IM TRYING SO HARD TO GET IT RIGHT BUT JUST NO LUCK.IF I USE AN HPS ON THEM WILL THINGS CHANGE OR WILL THEY GET WORSE.I JUST BOUGHT A400 WATTER AND IT WILL BE MY FIRST TIOME GROWIN WITH THAT KIND OF LIGHT IVE ALWAYS USWED FLC'S....WITH POOR RESULTS:cool:

how old are the plants? what type of soil are they in? how tall are the plants and how big are the pots there in? what stage of growing are you at veg or flower? you just got a 400 watt HPS is that what there growing under now? Some pics would be very helpfull.
what light cycle are you using? What type of light did you veg with?

5.8 on the PH is a little low, try to get the PH between 6.5 and 7.00

What is pH, and what do the terms acidic and alkaline mean?
The acidity or alkalinity of the soil is measured by pH (potential Hydrogen ions). Basically it's a measure of the amount of lime (calcium) contained in your soil, and the type of soil that you have. A soil with a pH lower than 7.0 is an acidic soil and one with a pH higher than 7.0 is considered to be alkaline. A pH of 7.0 is neutral.

Adjusting your soil pH :
Once you have determined the pH of your soil with a good tester, you can amend the soil if needed to accommodate the plants in your garden using inexpensive materials commonly available at your local garden center.

Adjust soil pH slowly over several days time, and check pH often as you go. Radical changes in pH may cause osmotic shock damage to the roots.

Raising soil pH : (to make it more alkaline)
It is generally easier to make soil mixes more alkaline than it is to make them more acidic. The addition of dolomite lime, hardwood ash, bone meal, crushed marble, or crushed oyster shells will help to raise the soil pH.

by MisterIto
In soil: add dolomite limestone to the soil; use small amounts of hydrated lime.

Lowering soil pH : (to make it more acidic)
If your soil needs to be more acidic, sawdust, composted leaves, wood chips, cottonseed meal, leaf mold and especially peat moss, will lower the soil pH.

by MisterIto
bloodmeal/cottonseed meal during vegetative; bonemeal during flowering.

What is the deal with ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda and pH?

As we mentioned, baking soda helps regulate pH–keeping a substance neither too acidic (sour tasting), nor too alkaline. Think of pH as a see-saw, with acidic pH tilting one way, alkaline pH tilting the other way, and neutral pH when the see-saw is level. When ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda comes in contact with either an acidic or an alkaline substance, it's natural effect is to neutralize that extreme pH - tilting the see- saw back toward level. And beyond that, baking soda has the capability to resist further changes in the pH balance - keep the see-saw level--this is called buffering.

So what's the big deal? Well for us, this neutralizing and buffering capability is the science behind how our
ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda is so effective for so many uses. Whether it's neutralizing acidic (sour tasting) smells in your refrigerator to keep milk from tasting like last nights dinner, or maintaining a neutral pH in your laundry water so your detergent can work best, or stabilizing your pool water pH to keep it clear, it's this science that explains how
ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda can do it all! Learn about these and other uses for ARM & HAMMER® Baking Soda as you Tour Our House.

Well Can I Use It Or Not To Raise My Ph.by The Way My Ph Became Lower This Time Around Because Last Time I Checked Wich Was 2 Days Ago It Was At 6.8 And I Taut Dat Was High!

tat2gee said:
Well Can I Use It Or Not To Raise My Ph.by The Way My Ph Became Lower This Time Around Because Last Time I Checked Wich Was 2 Days Ago It Was At 6.8 And I Taut Dat Was High!

I thought a pH of 6.8 would be good for soil. Is 6.0 to acidic? Or is that all right.

Back
Top Bottom