New guy here: Help me please

Well we can only have 12 plants so I would like to grow that many and my budget for everything I guess I can say less than 500 would be nice and I believe the room is about 9x10 or something like that my guess is it's about 8feet tall.

$500 isn’t a lot to light that large an area. I’d look into HPS for your lights, especially if heat isn’t a major issue. I don’t know a lot about that anymore but I’m sure if you search here for “HPS” you’ll find plenty of info. Probably go with soil too as it’s a lot cheaper to start with. 12 plants is a lot to deal with at once is a lot you might want to split it up into a couple rooms and have plants at different ages so you always have fresh buds and don’t have to trim it all at once.

Read up on peoples journals here that are similar to what you want to do and ask questions there. People here love to help.

Have fun!

:passitleft:

Well we can only have 12 plants so I would like to grow that many and my budget for everything I guess I can say less than 500 would be nice and I believe the room is about 9x10 or something like that my guess is it's about 8feet tall.

ONLY 12 LMAO!!!! oh man that's spectacular. here in ontario canada we're allowed 4 and i think that's great.
super happy for you guys.

It all depends how you want to grow your plants big bushes or stacked jungle. For 12 plants you can go with 600w hps (some kind of SOG grow) but 1000w would be just perfect i guess. Buy clones or make your own mother plant build 2 rooms veg and flower so you will have your product every 2 months. I'm also a beginer but we are all learning.

Watch a lot of videos read articles and forums it's all there you just have to decide what you want.

If you did not watch this you should ...its classic i guess and perfect to start with

A person can get away with growing a few plants in buckets or pots on the cheap, but $500 is a pretty thin budget to start up and will not do for 12 plants. First thing you have to do is decide how serious you are about growing your own stash.

If you are serious about growing your own (and I assume you're only interested in good smokable product) please pause and go to school.
You can grow weak spindly little things for $500 but,

There is a TON of great information online to help you grow GREAT BUDS. Videos showing you how to grow, what to do, what problems to avoid. You have to create a growing environment that you can control, and hopefully something that runs on it's own so well that you almost find it boring.

You need meters to test your water and solutions. You need pure water. And fertilizers. Rooting powder or gel..
Extra pots, tubing, air pumps.. dude.. the list goes on and on and on.
It just depends on what you are willing to do.

But if you are determined to grow

Save your money, GO TO SCHOOL, PLAN YOUR GROW OP, and do things right.

You could waste $500 in a snap and create a much bigger problem by incurring thousands in damage repairs. We are growing plants in a humid atmosphere inside homes that are generally prone to mold issues.

And we do want to grow plants that taste and smell great and knock you on your butt without wrecking the house, don't we??

honestly, as i just posted in FAQ- keep it simple - $500 almost buys 10 seeds! Get a couple three buckets w potting soil spend your money on the King led or similar on amazon for 3-4 plants at 100 dollars - As they get off the ground - start a few more buckets .

Start small and work up to 12. Get a good light and learn what you are doing first.

Plan your project. Budget for it.

There is no lighting solution for $500 for 12 full sized indoor plants.

Start with 6. Done well that pays for all top of the line stuff in one round.

Focus on doing one excellent small grow that you can actually sell rather than the most pounds you can possibly handle out the shoot.

You need fans, ducting, and a lot more.

Start small...make some dough...then reinvest. Go slow and you will be more successful. Stay at a pace you can handle.

For the cost...I would start with a 600w HID lighting setup that you can later use for Veg when you upgrade. HID is cheaper start up costs ussually but maybe there are some fair priced LEDs these days. Less than 600W HID and you are fighting against poor light.

One 600W HID done right will pay for itself and much more in one round.

Don't go cheap on lighting. I makes a huge difference. Dont go cheap on the bulb...it makes a huge difference. You can go cheap on the ballast but I wouldn't...it makes a modest difference, esspecially the dimmable ones.

Good luck...go slow...you have no idea how many things you will accumulate over time that you dont realize you need. But the lightning is the one thing to spend good money on. The rest you can find some cheap way to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom