Help me with my set up

nyhomegrown

hey whats goin on guys im new to the forum and growing and i was wonderin if you guys could help me with getting the right and best equipment i need for a good setup i have a 1 bedroom apt and i was planing on using the bedroom as the grow room and using the rest of the apt as if it was a studio i live on my own so it wont be to bad i was planing on having two tents going at one one for flowering and one for veggies looking to run a 600w hps in the flowering tent and a 400w mh in the veggie tent can you guys help me on decideing on what time of lamp setup to use...
pleaseeee i need you guys

hey whats goin on guys im new to the forum and growing and i was wonderin if you guys could help me with getting the right and best equipment i need for a good setup i have a 1 bedroom apt and i was planing on using the bedroom as the grow room and using the rest of the apt as if it was a studio i live on my own so it wont be to bad i was planing on having two tents going at one one for flowering and one for veggies looking to run a 600w hps in the flowering tent and a 400w mh in the veggie tent can you guys help me on decideing on what time of lamp setup to use...
pleaseeee i need you guys

Lots of questions here and not a lot of details.

I would just give a lot of advice on growing in an apartment. No matter how cool your neightbors are, you will have to watch out for smells and its too tricky in that sort of setup.

A closet might be a better way to begin so you can learn how to control things more.

I think you should use good nutes too - I know you didn't ask, but you shouldnt skimp on that. Spend money so that you can have the best start for yoru little plants. answer the questions of the other guy so we can give you more advice

If it were me and I had that space to work with I'd use (2) 600Watt HPS units, each on movers to cover the entire 12' space. I'd forget the 400W MH unit. I grow with 600's and can tell you that depending on what reflector you're using, you'll get about 36" of side to side coverage. Placing the 600's on 6' movers lined up, will allow you to use approx 3'x12' with room to navigate. However, I don't know if you're using Aero, Ebb and Flow, etc..... or how many plants you are wanting to run.

If you went this route and spaced your plants 1' apart in E&F buckets you could run almost 40 plants.

I run dual 600's and I am getting ready to SOG 112 plants on a 4'x6' blueprint. I can do this because I am running them in 2 liter hempy pots and they are side by side. Just imagine how many you could run....

Just something to think about.

Good growing,
fied

If you can, I would start with Lumatek digital ballasts, or the cap digital ones, I use lumateks and love em. Youll be happier with digital, they wont generate as much heat, cost less to run, have built in circuit breakers, and you can dim them, run either mh or hps, my 600w runs 600w, 400w, & 360w bulbs. They also have a super lumen setting you can use the last 2-3 weeks of flower to blast em with more lumen output. But I would atleast reccomend using digital ballasts over magnetic. Right now I have just 2 econo wing reflectors, But Im upgrading them to the yield master ll reflectors, that have flanges attached for cooling fans, & they're sealed. Theres alot of great stuff out there, & as stated your going to have to stay on top of odor control. especially in an apt. bldg. Be carefull, and have fun with it..

Back
Top Bottom