My first tent set-up - need advice

mashikag

Hey there everyone! This is my first post but I will defo show pics of my first grow when I finally manage to set everything up.

I have just ordered 1.2x1.2x2.0m grow tent. On Monday I will purchase the extractor fan together with a carbon filter.

I have already ordered Aurora Indica seeds from nirvanashop.

My first question is, is it possible to grow in the same tent 2 rows of plants of which one of the rows are plants that undergo veg and the second row is plants that undergo flowering period. Both under different light setups in the same tent beside each other. However the only way that I think it may be possible is because I want to use CFL's for growth and as I heard they do not generate a great amount of heat and the light waves are pretty short.

Another question is about light setup. I am planning to use 3 cfl's per plant.
  • Veg: 3 cfl's per plant - 25w 6400k each
  • Flower: 3 cfl's per plant - 45w 2700k each

Another question is about the ventilation. Is the only extractor fan with the carbon filter enough to ventilate the tent which will be located in my bedroom about 20 Celsius degrees average?

What do you think about the whole set up? Also should I introduce some DIY CO2 generator for growing 8 plants?

Dude don't worry were it posts. The tent size is tight but you can squeeze them in. Be sure to seal / keep all lights separate. For your on-off 12/12 times. One thing is cool your using the smaller watt bulbs. Using 3 or even 2 60 watt vs. one 125 watt. I have a 125 w 6000k bulb / hood kit from Hydro Farm. Also two 60 watt bulbs at 6200k. I used an outdoor two-way box, that you would use for outside property security lights.
Point is the 125 w use`s 1.5 amps vs the .48 amps. of the 60 watt. You only loss 5 watts in power but you lower temp by 2- to 3 degrees. If you go to a 14 on-10 off instead of 12/12 you equal it out but that temperature reduction is worth it. If your space is tight or like me VERY TIGHT on funding so to say.
They both kick ass for CFL but you can still burn your babys!! The regular CFL`s for house lamps can be held in hands. The 125 watt bulb DOES get hot to it will get uncomfortable after a few minutes!!
I have a " friend " who has the space and found a reto standing light fixture. It has 3 branch`s that have that "flex light" housing. He has two of them at 6 feet tall and a two-way on each branch, so with 12 bulbs to play with / position you can see how the lower watts but more concept works out. 12 bulbs at 25 watts =300 watts and each bulb pulls the same current (Current does not increase per bulb ) Normally this would be a bitch for that may bulbs. But the light stand works great and we had to wrap the branches with some "duct" tape to help stiffen the braches. From sagging after they warm up!! Look in Home / Wal-world for cheap bathroom vanity light bar set, they some times come with 4 to 5 boxes on a track bar. You can mount to top or side panel and they slide and swivel!!! BONUS Hope this helps and good luck!! :thumb:

:420:

Back
Top Bottom