New here - Question before I buy seeds

Bassna

I am starting my first grow, and looking just to keep it to around 4 plants. I will be getting bitcoin tomorrow to get the order placed, and currently was going to go with the "Auto fem White Widow XTRM 10 pack with 5 free carmalized seeds, for about $120 with shipping. This is from AmsterdamMarijuanaSeeds. I'm just really looking for advice on why or why not I should be getting this, or something else I guess.

My set up so far is 2 300W LED lights by Mars Hydro, and a pH testing meter, and pH up and down. Going to get some pots to put it in, soil, nuts and all that when I get near time for seeds to arrive. So yeah, thanks ahead of time :p :thanks:

Sounds like you have been doing some research:thumb:
What size grow area are you planning?
Have you considered air exchanges?
Air circulation in the grow area?
Is odor going to be an issue for your location?
What type of pots are you planning on using?
What type of potting for vegging in early development verses as they get bigger and need to be up-sized?
Do you have a plan for when you have insect problems or disease issues?

Sorry if the list seems to go on and on but I do want your 1st to be a great experience and before you plant is the time to think about all this stuff. Makes it easier to deal with issues when they arise along the way.

No, thank you for helping :p I have did some research, and have a few friends who know a thing or too. The LED's are pretty nice though, bought chains for them last night.

What size grow area are you planning? - 4 plants-ish. Mostly just for myself and the woman to have it most the time, without having to keep buying it. I have a nice size closet for it.

Have you considered air exchanges? - Nope not yet....

Air circulation in the grow area? - Currently thinking about setting this up in a cloest (Nice size). It's about 42inch wide, and a good 8 or 9 ft long. Also about 6ft high, which angles into about 9 ft high.

Is odor going to be an issue for your location? - Not right away, I own my home and don't have people just snooping through. But I do have a neighbor on that side about 10 ft next door :p

What type of pots are you planning on using? - I read 3 gallon would be nice for autos. I may have some big pots that I can snag from someone though for free, so I will check on those first.

What type of potting for vegging in early development verses as they get bigger and need to be up-sized? - Well from what I had read, auto's can go from seedling straight into the 3 gallon pot right? If I'm mistaken let me know :p

Also, I have been throwing back and forth what to do about the walls. Paint them white, get plywood and paint it white and put it up, or just get Mylar or black/white poly. I did see some really nice, white, foam insulation at Home Depot for a cheap price for a large piece. Maybe I could use those to cover the walls and such?

Do you have a plan for when you have insect problems or disease issues? - Not currently.

I'm about $300 in right now once I order these seeds. I know I've had my buddy tell me I should buy the $120 blower filter from HTG supply, but I was trying to put that off until later when I need it more. Still trying to keep my spending lower, but I know I do need to get soil and nutrients and that still, hoping for advice on that also. One nifty thing is I got a few 3D printers, so I can make a lot of mounts and such myself :p

Basically, just trying to get the best plants I can in a nice size closet, doing everything the correct way. All for personal so I don't really need a ton going at once. But I figured two 300w LED's should do the trick , I hope :p Also been throwing back and forth what to do about the walls. Should I just paint white, get plywood and paint it white and throw it up? Maybe just Mylar or black/white poly? I did see some big bright white insulation foam, cheap and could be put up.

No, thank you for helping :p I have did some research, and have a few friends who know a thing or too. The LED's are pretty nice though, bought chains for them last night.

What size grow area are you planning? - 4 plants-ish. Mostly just for myself and the woman to have it most the time, without having to keep buying it. I have a nice size closet for it.

Have you considered air exchanges? - Nope not yet....

Air circulation in the grow area? - Currently thinking about setting this up in a cloest (Nice size). It's about 42inch wide, and a good 8 or 9 ft long. Also about 6ft high, which angles into about 9 ft high.

Is odor going to be an issue for your location? - Not right away, I own my home and don't have people just snooping through. But I do have a neighbor on that side about 10 ft next door :p

What type of pots are you planning on using? - I read 3 gallon would be nice for autos. I may have some big pots that I can snag from someone though for free, so I will check on those first.

What type of potting for vegging in early development verses as they get bigger and need to be up-sized? - Well from what I had read, auto's can go from seedling straight into the 3 gallon pot right? If I'm mistaken let me know :p

Also, I have been throwing back and forth what to do about the walls. Paint them white, get plywood and paint it white and put it up, or just get Mylar or black/white poly. I did see some really nice, white, foam insulation at Home Depot for a cheap price for a large piece. Maybe I could use those to cover the walls and such?

Do you have a plan for when you have insect problems or disease issues? - Not currently.

I'm about $300 in right now once I order these seeds. I know I've had my buddy tell me I should buy the $120 blower filter from HTG supply, but I was trying to put that off until later when I need it more. Still trying to keep my spending lower, but I know I do need to get soil and nutrients and that still, hoping for advice on that also. One nifty thing is I got a few 3D printers, so I can make a lot of mounts and such myself :p

Basically, just trying to get the best plants I can in a nice size closet, doing everything the correct way. All for personal so I don't really need a ton going at once. But I figured two 300w LED's should do the trick , I hope :p
Closets will work but please keep in mind your RH% (relative humidity) can and will get quiet high during the course of your grow. If this moisture is not exhausted out or removed through a dehumidifier or something to that effect you are setting yourself up for mold and mildew issues in the future. One of the reasons air exchanges are so important.
Air circulation in the grow area is import for a few different reasons, 1 it helps the plants to develop strong and healthy stems to be able to support the buds you desire and 2 it helps stir the Co2 in the grow area around making it more readily available to the plants.
While you may not think odor will be an issue because you own your own home and no one will be snooping around, keep in mind that it can get EXTREMELY strong and will stick to your clothing and other things, so if your boss has no issues with you showing up to work smelling like a grow, your in great shape.
As for what size pot is best for autos, I would suggest you chat with a member by the name of Atrain, he is very knowledgable about Autos, I have not grown any of them myself. Though you can go straight from seed to what ever size of pot you want, that does not mean that is best for the plant. Starting in a smaller pot and allowing the roots to fully become developed before up potting helps them to fully develop quicker. The plant you see above the ground is only 1/2 of the plant, the other half is buried beneath the soil, out of sight.
Chance are you will at some point at least have an insect problem, a few of the most common are spider mites, aphids and gnats. You do not need to have a product on hand to fight these pests but you should research their availability for your area and which to use for what so when you do have them you do not find that the local grow shop does not carry those products and you will have to wait 4 days to get them online

These are just a few things to take into consideration.
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom