New lights digital par vs lum r u smart?

snipe420

Ok so lets just say you have the room at its best co2 ect

now how many watts per sq foot 50 or 100 dont care in that range is cool

now how much is to much light if i have my shit with vented hood no heat to close it gets stange yellow twisted ect. to much lum's ahhh like when you use a 1500 watt buld. But not to much par best bulds 400+ par sun 1800 or so.

ok now to the ? do the new digital ballast push more par or lum they say 20-30% more out put of light but is this par or lum if its lum then we should all use the 600w that has 95% the output of a 1000 or a 750 lumatek thats over the output of a 1000w But if its more par then we should all use the 1000w ????????????????????????

tell me what you think or better yet what you know

Re: new lights digital par vs lum r u smart ?

snipe420 said:
Ok so lets just say you have the room at its best co2 ect

now how many watts per sq foot 50 or 100 dont care in that range is cool

now how much is to much light if i have my shit with vented hood no heat to close it gets stange yellow twisted ect. to much lum's ahhh like when you use a 1500 watt buld. But not to much par best bulds 400+ par sun 1800 or so.

ok now to the ? do the new digital ballast push more par or lum they say 20-30% more out put of light but is this par or lum if its lum then we should all use the 600w that has 95% the output of a 1000 or a 750 lumatek thats over the output of a 1000w But if its more par then we should all use the 1000w ????????????????????????

tell me what you think or better yet what you know

50 watts per square foot is the least you want to go, the more the better.

i dont know that much about these new digital ballast. but if a light bulb can only put out 50,000 lumens. it wont matter what type of ballast you use, that bulb will only put out 50,000 lumens, thats just my thoughts anyway.

Photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) value of all HID
lighting for all phases of plant growth. PAR watts account for the
nutritional value of light and are a direct measure of the light
energy available for photosythesis.

Back
Top Bottom