New member - First hydro grow - Red Diesel

Cablelayer

Hello all, would like to know if anyone has used the atami 4 pot system before? I am using canna aqua nutes and growing Red diesel in a sog.

From 5 feminised seeds I got a germ rate of 80%. One then got snapped at the stem as a seedling and in week 2 of flower the smallest stunted one turned hermie on me. The branch started developing balls!! Should have ripped it out sooner, cos I could see it had inferior genetics.

Anyway I now have 2 large plants in week 3 of flower and more space to grow them in. Have grown sensi star, mothers finest and the hog in the past (all organic). The highest yield per plant was the sensi star. The more sativa pheno produced 4 1/2 (120 g) dry weight under a 400w hps. Can I expect the same yield from Red Diesel? Also as this is my first Hydro grow, does anyone know anything about flushing and whether or not the plants will finish quicker using hydro?

Tell me everything!!

Cheers!

WHATS UP !!!!!!!!!......welcome, the info here is really top notch, your in the right place.....enjoy the ride.................you may want to start you a journal on here also and throw some pics in there so these pros can help you any way they can..........PEACE

Welcome to 420 Cablelayer, glad to have you here with us. In this area THE GROW ROOM - 420 Magazine you'll find answers to those questions, and many more you don't know you have yet. I'm a converted outdoor grower, now on my second hydro grow, and it helped me alot, as did the sound advice of several experienced growers.

Sorry to here about the RD. I have five femmed RD from Barney's myself in my seed collection.

Flushing is a broad topic. Are you flushing because of a problem, or finishing the crop? At any rate, you do it the same...pure, ph adjusted r/o or distilled water for a period of 3-5 days at which time you harvest, or ease them back into the nute program.

Flushing at the end is to clear nutes out of the plant and improve the taste/burn quality of the finished product.

It is more or less an accepted fact that hydro is faster than soil, but the speed increase in hydro seems to be a bit strain specific. Some like it more than others. I think a 1-3 week gain is a reasonable expectation.

WHATS UP MAN!!!!!!!!......got to thinking about you grow....I used the "water farm" buckets that self water...check my grow out under my sig.......i did a "mini flush" you could say every 7 days before I added my new weekly nutes....ran just PH'ed water through it for about 1-2 hrs each week........kept my systems from clogging with salt buildup........I've heard that in these types of systems, you really dont have to flush as long as the dirt grows....could be off, newby myself,,,hope this helps in any way...GREEN MOJO to your grow man.........PEACE

Back
Top Bottom