New Plan 7000 Watts

justjr27

Hi everyone I have been retired from the plant care business for maybe 3 years now due to the harsh laws where I live, but I got the itch again & a pretty sick place to grow again plus I have alot of people who I supply medcine too so decided to grow again instead of dealing with unknowns to supply them. Please feel free to post & questions or comment as they are truly welcomed. This is what I plan on doing.
My Best Friend just purchased a duplex about 5 months ago which he is living on onside with his family & he is renting the other 2 bed/1 bath side to me. This place is on about 2 acres of land I wouldnt say country but def not suburs. either. The plan is below.

95 - Nirvana Mango From Seedlings for 1 month in 2 gallon pots hydroton or grow stones which ever is cheaper Under four 1,000 watters light 24hr cycle.

Then I will be flowering them under seven 1,000 watters

I will be using a drip system

My Nuts will be dutchmaster gold line with all their supp. & drip clean.

One 10,000 btu & one 14,000 btu portable a/c's

Ona 5 gallon pail with breeze fan for odor

I have a few questions

Both units run on the same unit do you guys think I will have problems I'm estimating the bill to be around like 700's

I'm shooting for 4oz per plant what do you guys think

Is anyone using dutchmaster nuts & are they adding anything other nuts.

I going to be running the drip system every 1/2 hour for 15 mins while lights are on does anyone have a cycle they think is better.

Looking forward to chat with all you guys thanks

Your lights will be pulling about 50A if running at 220V. My #1 concern with your setup would be fire safety. What are your plans for electrical? Residential dwellings can sometimes be difficult to set up for the kind of electrical demand you're talking about.

Thanks for your responce Bill C I was going to run them a 120V. The truth is I really never even though of checking the panel for max amps. I will have to take a look at that.

My biggest concern if I were you would be the electrical company handing you over to LE. Honestly not sure about electric co's in FL, but here, if you want to grow big, you have to scale-out to different locations as a noticeable increase in usage above the norm results in an investigation.

Your lights will be pulling about 50A if running at 220V. My #1 concern with your setup would be fire safety. What are your plans for electrical? Residential dwellings can sometimes be difficult to set up for the kind of electrical demand you're talking about.

7000w / 220v = 31a
7000w / 120v = 58a

I'm using a DPC-4000 220v power supply.When my old 1000w 110v hps came on you could notice the initial draw from it in any house light that was on,now with 4 1000w running 220v the house lights don't even flicker.

Well thanks to Bill C I noticed that the panel that was powering both units was in no way large enough So tomorrow Im having a new 200 amp panel installed outside next to the meter for both meters. I'm still worried about the power bill I think between both units it will be like 800 range.

Thanks for your responce Bill C I was going to run them a 120V. The truth is I really never even though of checking the panel for max amps. I will have to take a look at that.

If running at 110V, then your current draw will be twice that of 220V, so now you're over 100A. VERY dangerous setup without proper wiring. Most residential rooms (other than the kitchen) are wired with 14 guage wire, which is rated at 15A. You may want to consider running service cable to a sub-panel. Regardless, get someone who really knows electricity to help you evaluate your setup.

Good luck!

7000w / 220v = 31a
7000w / 120v = 58a

As I read it, there will be seven 1000W lamps for flower, plus four 1000W lamps for grow. That's 11,000W. Maybe only one phase will be used at a time, but I assume with an operations this size, both Grow & Bloom will be in use at the same time. When dealing with electrical safety, always perform calculations based on worst case scenario.

11kW @ 220V = 50A
11kW @ 110V = 100A

Don't forget the initial strike of the ballast, normally can pull up to 2-2.5A EXTRA for the first 5-6 second so give or take give it at least 70A leverage

Also don't forget to add in the draw from the two air conditioners, the major air-moving devices, and the minimum electricity usage you can get away with for your "cover operation" which I would assume you've planned since the amount of electricity you'll be using from one duplex will be so far and away above both what other like residences in the area are using & what that specific one used previously that it'll be flagged for sure - I would guess after the first reading they'll first send someone by to check the meter to make sure it's not gone haywire, lol. So I'd guess that if a dual-use zoning is in effect so that you may legally have a business on the premises, you will.

I'd also assume that you're planing a rather substantial - as in "industrial strength" - odor-control setup. Even in a rural area, odor is something to be concerned about. You're looking at a large number of plants and if not dealt with you will come home some day and smell your plants before you get near your door. And so will the first person to visit or even cut across your property. Sooner or later there will be a visitor, even if only that meter reader.

Yes my partner is going to call the power company & explain that his new tenant moving in has a in home business that draws alot of power. For the odor the entire room is completely sealed expect for the wall a/c. I will install a a/c carbon filter & be running 5 gallon pail of ona with breeze fan to circulate it. I have done this with 60 ish plants & never could smell anything outside the house

Back
Top Bottom