New RDWC SCROG Setup Idea

CyborgGold

I am planning on getting a RDWC setup going in the coming months and I have a setup in mind I want to bounce off a few more experienced growers. I guess I will just lay out what I want and see if anybody has tried it or has some tips on how to tweak it for best performance.

I am going to try to give each plant it's own 'room.' I want to section things off so I can have a rotation of plants enabling me to harvest every month once the cycle gets going. I have settled on Crimera Blue to start with which has a 50-60 day flowering period. The rooms will be 4' square. I will have resevoir for every plant in veg, and each room will have a one bucket RDWC for flowering so I can treat deficiencies individually as they occur and transition between phases of flowering easier. The veg res will be made from a medium sized tote and run through every room with bypass plumbing for when the plant in that room flowers.. I plan on making 4 of these rooms in my basement so they can be locked to meet local guidelines. The three main grow rooms will be able to run either veg or flower, but I will always have two flowering and one in veg state. The fourth room will be for cloning/early veg. I plan on running a 4 tube T5 for cloning, and some 600 Watt hoods in the 3 main rooms due to cost. Eventually I would like to get some killer LED systems in the 3 main rooms. I will be setting up a net for scrogging in the 3 main grow rooms, maybe a double net and use the top one for supporting the buds in case they get too heavy to keep themselves up (hey, a boy can dream.)

After early veg, the healthiest plant will be xfered into a 5gal DWC setup with a Maxi Jet 600 inside for aeration it so I don't have to listen to an industrial air pump constantly running. I'm also considering running a 1200 gph pump in the res that will run to a custom headder with hose running to each bucket. The res will sit outside the rooms to keep the water cooler and more accessible for checking levels. Each room will have a therm/hygro in it. I will have a fan/duct system running from room to room in the main 3 with acarbon filter in the last room to exhaust, as well as a couple wall fans in each room blowing down and diagonally for circulation creating a weak cyclone effect for more even temperature. Each room will exhaust from the bottom and blow into the top, with foam filters and duct interiors painted flat black to block light pollution. I figure sucking the coldest air from the previous room would help keep the next room cooler than running them traditionally with keeping the exhaust high. My other option would be a connected exhaust at the top of each room running into a box I can build which would house the filter and exhaust into the basement, then have cold air pushed into each room at the bottom, but this would be more costly.

I will be putting the plants in hydroton, and the pots will be linked in series if I put a aeration pump in each bucket, or parallel if I go with the header and mega pump. If I use the 1200 gph pump I will have the water being injected into the water using a 90deg elbow so the force of the water will be aggetating the water for aeration. I have a plumbing system in my mind for the main 3 rooms so I can easily switch between veg or flower res with a few valves so I don't have to keep disconnecting/reconnecting the bucket when I flip each plant.

What this will do for me is have each plant in the clone room for 4 weeks, veg in a main for 4 weeks, flip to flower in that same room, and after the 7-8 weeks I can harvest. This would mean every 4 weeks I would start a few seeds/clones and begin a harvest as long as I don't run into stunting issues. Once I get the hang of it I can expand my grow by adding more rooms if I need more than one plant per month. The seed co. is saying that each harvest should yield 4-500g from each crop optimally. I figure this means I will probably be getting about 12oz to a pound once I dial in the system.

Here are my questions:

1. Are there any specific pumps you would recommend throwing in each res? The veg will run 4 5gal buckets and the small early veg/clone container which will be made of a small tote about twice the size of a shoebox maximum. Of course the cloner will have it's own res as well for early seedlings/clones at various phases.

2. What nutes would you guys recommend getting? Keep in mind I am trying to grow as close to pure organic/natural as possible. I will be flushing the plants very well, and every 20 days on a 10 day feeding change cycle, but I want everything to be as clean as possible throughout the grow.

3. Are there any basic things to keep in mind that a beginner might overlook which may lead to devastation? I have done about a year's worth of research, and I attempted a grow before (failed due to reasons not associated with the grow, before cropping) but if I miss something obvious I will kick myself for not having asked this one!

4. I have heard from some growers that have been growing for decades that spraying a solution of water and baking soda over the leaves and buds helps make a smoother hit. Is there anything I need to be aware of if I try this?

I'm sure more questions may come up, and if there is anything else you would like to share, feel free to do so!

I plan on using nearly 100% of the plants as well. I will be using the fans/stems/roots to make hand cremes and things like that, sugar leaf for oils/tinctures/cooking for myself, and of course we all know what the bud is for. Once I get some experience, the laws become better in our favor, and I get the money to do so... I have a business in mind that will incorporate every phase of the process from grow to customer. I would really like to build a network of people in our community to make this happen that are also Michiganders, so if you're in my state let me know! I won't be discussing the details of my idea until I am ready to make it happen, but I plan on being a big part of our culture and community very soon.

Thank You, and happy growing!

Hi: I started growing a little over one year ago and like you had spent a long time b4 growing studying and planning my grow and when I started had three tents and was using aeroponics, I now have 2 tents and use RDWC. I was planning growing 12 plants and now bloom 4 and like you I wanted my grow to be perpetual and I'm somewhere in between now. I did learn a whole lot of what not to do and what to do. I went from thoughts of growing a good 12 plant crop to producing a one monster plant that can outproduce 6 of the regular plants I was planning to use. My point her is be very careful before you start see what can be done with just one plant then proceed with your plans check this guy out Hygrohybird @ hygrohybird.com. I now grow 4 plants 2ea to a 10" net pod in 2- 28 gal totes and can produce almost 2lb's of cleaned MM in one 8 week bloom cycle. I don't need to be perpetual a pound a month on 4 plants on the average is better than my dreams. Good luck on your grow keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom