New to sharing info; a grow journal.

LittleAbigH

Hey everyone hows it going.

I have a batch of plants growing right now but this will be my first time sharing on the internet due to paranoia. I believe it is safe or all of these people would not be posting. But anyways I am about four weeks into flowering. This is not my first grow operation (its like my 3rd or 4th) but it is the first time I have had an adequate amount of space to control growing conditions.

Heres the stats:
Plant Strains and #:
1 American Dream
2 First ladies
1 Blue widow

I was aiming for about 10 plants but germination survival was not as great as I would have liked and it was two late to start more.

Set up:
1 600 watt HPS
1 250 watt HPS

Deep water culture using 5 gallon buckets.
Flora Series, I do not have a PPM meter but I follow the recommendations for flowering and then add a little bit more than what it says. I watch the plants for signs of stress but have been feeding once a week (twice for the first time this week and am already noticing slight chemical burn) and watering when needed. I pH to about 5.5-6.5.

Like I said I have 4 weeks of flowering in w/o counting transition time.
I have a few questions because I have some clones on the way and I want to maximize yield after this grow. Should I trim lower branches in early flowering? My first couple of grow operations I feel I over trimmed and possibly reduced yield while this grow I feel I have under trimmed before flowering. It is too late to trim the now budding lower growth since the buds are tied up and I do not want to disturb the resinous plants more than I have to.

Any suggestions for my next grow? It appears like I will have some nice yield regardless but the buds are REALLY long and the lower buds are missing out on light :straightface:

I will have pictures posted soon for yall too look at and enjoy.

Hope to see some of you around.

P.S I have another question.. I have had the lights cut back since september 2nd which is like 5 weeks and 3 days but should I be counting the week of transition as part of flowering time? I know not to judge my harvest by time alone but I was curious.

Thanks

This is the room, sorry kind of shakey and with the bright lights camera has a tough time focusing

Gives some scale
Not sure if you can tell but the ones closest to the fan from left to right are First Lady and Blue Widdow to the far right. The two in the back are first lady and american dream (left to right)

Pretty Blue widdow

Close ups of blue widdow

Will have more later, too lazy to sort through them all and I have homework to do.

Enjoy! :thumb:

Hey LittleAbigH, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

You'll want to count the flowering time from when the plants actually start to flower...usually about a week after I flip for the strains I've grown.

There's lots of debate on pruning...some amount of pruning is almost always a good idea IMHO, and lower branches that aren't going to get much light are good candidates for sure. Lots of folks here defoliate their plants heavily around day 21 and 45 of flowering with good results...others hate to touch a leave, and prefer to tie, tuck, etc. to get light to the bud sites.

If this is going to be your journal I can ask one of the mods to move this int the Journals thread...

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom