New User - Need help with Calibration from TDS Solution to EC

pauld

420 Member
HI! I a have being breaking my head with this and wondering if I could get simple answer ( if there is one :) )

I have a EC Meter with manual calibration, I just bought HM Digital - TDS Calibration Solution but am not sure if I did this correctly or not.

In the white part of the label it says 342ppm and underneath NaCl at 25C/77F ( Sodium Chloride ).

Can I just use the formula of 342ppm x2/1000 to get My needed value for my EC Meter? The result is 0.684

I am asking because I took a reading of my reservoir and its listing a value of 1.6 and these seems low as I just added Nutes yesterday with the recommended amount for 10G drum. so just wondering if I got this right or not and if there is something I fail to take into consideration.

PS: I am sorry if this is the wrong place or not as I am really not sure where to put this and there is so many categories :)

Wish I could help. I googled a pile of what your talking about and just went to my growshop and bought the range I needed to calc to lol. I'm pretty lazy that way. They had ppm TDs and EC cal solutions. I know it doesn't answer your question but the info is on Google, I just don't understand it enough to help as I used a work around.
:peace:

If I'm reading your post correctly, you say that you dipped your meter into the 342 calibration solution and got an EC reading of .684?
If this is correct, you can assume your meter is reading accurately and you can test your reservoir.
You say your reservoir is reading at an EC of 1.6 or 800 PPM.
Depending on your nutes feedchart, this may be low or high, but I think your meter is reading correctly.

Back
Top Bottom