Newbie in California

I got the tent, lights, and a bunch of other stuff delivered today. Still waiting on the soil to "cook" and some other items.

I'm going to have to make a run to the dispensary in a few days so it's just reinforcing my decision to grow (and the expense of getting started). The dispensary just costs way too much $$$ and takes up far too much of my time (six+ hours total drive time). Going there is getting old.

Got more stuff yesterday. Had to go to the dispensary today. This one was FAR better than the last one we went to. Gotta get growing because they are still too expensive.

Well, the attempted purchase of harlequin feminized seeds and the others from the same place did not go well (my bank flagged it so it didn't go through) and now I can't get anyone by phone or any other means. Feeling better about the bank flagging the purchase.

I'm looking for feminized harlequin, pennywise, purple haze, and durban poison. Some of the sponsored seed banks show the harlequin but none have it in stock. Haven't much checked the others. I will when I have time.

Anyone have any ideas?

Welcome Alafornia , med grower here.
I cant help you with soil inside, but the cmh and stuff, any questions, let me know.
I suffer anxiety etc and the sit you on your arse stuff helps...late harvest, heavy shit. CMH will bring it on early anyway.... First time breeders times are spot on... Lol...

Welcome Alafornia , med grower here.
I cant help you with soil inside, but the cmh and stuff, any questions, let me know.
I suffer anxiety etc and the sit you on your arse stuff helps...late harvest, heavy shit. CMH will bring it on early anyway.... First time breeders times are spot on... Lol...

Thanks, @Lowrider72 . Most of my stuff is here. Still waiting on a few things. I've been keeping an eye on your stuff and feel good about the CMH light(s) - (still haven't decided on buying a second one but leaning that way).

I went ahead and ordered the second CMH.

Dumped out all the soil today on a tarp and turned it over a time or two. Still needs a couple of weeks to cook.

So when I get ready to do this I guess I place a seed in a glass of water until it sinks. I can either leave it there or do the paper towel method from there. Then I put regular organic soil from a bag in a dixie/solo cup down to the first knuckle and lightly cover. I can put some myco and or rooting gel?

I'll have holes poked in the bottom to allow drainage. I can place on a warming mat. High humidity at this stage (so maybe a bottle top or something to cover). Spray a small mist every day.

Should I use CMH further away or LED close up? Both?

Seedling stage is about 2 weeks. At this point the root should just about fill out the cup and I can transplant to a 1 gal pot and continue to move up from there. In soil I want to end up in a 7-10 gal pot? I am using a smart bag for the final pot, should I use them the whole time after the seedling stage?

What am I going to screw up?

So worried and not even ready to put the tent together yet. I am a big planner on big things like this.

The time draws nigh...

Garage has been swept and sprayed and has had a couple of days to dry. All the equipment is on hand. Tomorrow I get to put it all together and test it out a bit. I am getting some more seeds and picking out what to grow for the first time.

Here's what I have or will soon have:

OG Kush CBD
OG Kush
Northern Lights
Purple Orange CBD
Blueberry
White Widow

Master Hemp MH1
Purple Haze
Durban Poison
Orange Sherbert
Gorilla Glue #4
White Russian

Since we are medical there is no real limit on the number of plants. I am considering six plants total for the first grow. They are:

OG Kush CBD
OG Kush
Northern Lights
Master Hemp MH1
Orange Sherbet
White Widow or White Russian

I am intentionally trying to increase the cannabinoid profile of the medicine I am making while getting some good smoke for the spouse. 5x5 tent, just over a thousand (real) watts of light.

On the second grow I would get the strains I miss on the first. Once this is done I can move on to other strains or double back. The wife like Skywalker OG a lot (and Joe OG (?) was OK too) so depending on how she likes what I have here I may or may not add that to the mix. Once I have some variety on hand I can focus on one or two strains.

This week is prep work/testing equipment. Most likely next weekend is time to germinate and get this underway.

Thinking of quadlining the Northern Lights since is grows so short. Should I just let it grow instead? I'd have to study up on the technique. Not sure really what to do with any of them. Most are indica dominant hybrids or indica with one mostly sativa. I do realize that I am crazy.

Tent is together. Tested the lights but haven’t finished routing wires and the like. 782CBEB1-28A0-4BD6-BC0E-DEEACF45F25A.jpeg

I believe I'll move the filter/fan over to the right and line the floor appliances up on that side as well. It should simplify things.

So I used one of those 3-in-1 ph/light/moisture meters and the ph is reading about 7.5 in my soil mixture. Maybe I went too heavy on the guano? What is a good organic way, in any case, to get the ph down? I can mix more base soil in or whatever else is needed.

ETA: Are those even accurate in the first place?

I bought a digital pH meter from the local nursery and it shows my soil's pH between 6.3 and 6.7. I am much relieved.

This feels much cleaner.

D8244235-24E4-459D-8897-06F8C22315F1.jpegE235FDFB-A50C-4C42-9E05-3E8CAD9940EF.jpeg

After a little more research and talking it over it's going to be:

OG Kush CBD
Blueberry
White Russian
Northern Lights
Master Hemp MH1
Orange Sherbet

I'll be placing seeds in water tonight to germinate them.

I'll take some pictures and if I don't get the grow journal going tonight I'll post it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom