debchoptovy

high everybody! I am new at this, but here goes. I am a female, about to turn 57 and have been clean of opiates for 4 yrs. now. I enjoy a toke because it relaxes me and I don't wake up with a hangover and I don't have withdrawal and pain if I don't smoke it for a while. Can anyone recommend a mid priced but decent vaporizor? It isn't so hard on the lungs. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you all. high 5

Hey debchoptovy, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you’ll find this is the best mmj community out there... Dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere!

high everybody! I am new at this, but here goes. I am a female, about to turn 57 and have been clean of opiates for 4 yrs. now. I enjoy a toke because it relaxes me and I don't wake up with a hangover and I don't have withdrawal and pain if I don't smoke it for a while. Can anyone recommend a mid priced but decent vaporizor? It isn't so hard on the lungs. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you all. high 5

I own two vaporizers...both of them are made by Arizer. My desktop is an Arizer Extreme Q 4.0 and my portable is an Arizer Solo.

I :love: them both, and purchased the latter from the sponsor I linked to. And I had it the next day with their free USPS Priority Shipping. :thumb:

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:

Interested in growing Cannabis?

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow: Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge
One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing...

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement: Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started!

:Namaste:

Hey welcome Deb. It's great so see another female grower among the masses here. I have been curious about vapes myself. Thanks, Vapedogg for that link. I have some questions though. Are all vapes pricey? I think the cheapest one I saw was 55 dollars and it looked like a regular pipe to me, how could it be a vape?

Hey welcome Deb. It's great so see another female grower among the masses here. I have been curious about vapes myself. Thanks, Vapedogg for that link. I have some questions though. Are all vapes pricey? I think the cheapest one I saw was 55 dollars and it looked like a regular pipe to me, how could it be a vape?

Well, they definitely aren't cheap...I have seen some cheap ones on eBay, but I worry about going that route since we're talking about electrical devices (there are some that are butane) with heating elements that can get 400º-500º F... I think I would feel fine with any sold by our sponsors though.

The one you described uses a standard butane lighter (not a torch lighter) to provide the heat for the vaporization. You hit it just like a pipe, but the flame doesn't touch or burn the meds...in theory at least, since a torch lighter will cause the meds to burn. There's also one that uses a car cigarette lighter as the heat source: VripTech Vapor Bat Kit

All you need to do to vaporize, is to draw hot air through the meds...but I prefer the ones with some sort of digital control that allows you to adjust to a specific temp...vaping at too hot a temp can still release carcinogens.

The Volcano's are in the $600 price range...and if all you used was a balloon (sometimes called a bag), they might be worth it. But for my money the Extreme Q was the best deal, since it will fill a bag and use a whip.

The only other vaporizer I've actually used is the Vapir Oxygen Mini with External Rechargeable Battery Plus Optional Car Charger. The rechargeable battery is a separate pack with a cord that plugs in, or you can run it of AC, but it hit's just as hard as mine.

Did I answer your question? I'm vaping right now, so sometimes I tend to ramble!

:Namaste:

Edit: I was just over there and saw they had a FAQ section on the vape you were asking about. Here's what it says:

Questions and Answers About the Vapor GenieDoes it work exactly like the old bowl I'm used to?
Pretty much. The biggest difference between a classic bowl and the Vapor Genie is simply it's extra chamber that has a flame arrester that stops the flame from the lighter from burning your material. Your material actually goes in that small silver chamber you see below the top bowl piece.
It is slightly bigger than a normal bowl but still very portable and not cumbersome at all. There is little to no learning curve and is recommended for beginners or for veterans.
How many pulls can I get out of the Vapor Genie?
Most times you can get 6 - 8 pulls per pack depending on what temperature you are vaporizing at.
Can I change the temperature of the Vapor Genie?
Since the Vapor Genie uses a lighter to activate the heating element, the temperature can be changed by applying heat for longer or shorter periods of time. It only takes a couple of tries before most Vapor Genie users find a method that is right for their material. Also be careful not to light for too long as this can achieve combustion.
Is the paint on the Vapor Genie harmful?
The Vapor Genie's varnish is safe and made from all natural food grade materials.
Is the Vapor Genie better than the other portable vaporizers that are more expensive?
That is entirely opinion but if you want ours, we would say it can't really be compared. It's apples and oranges. The Vapor Genie is one of a kind with it's bowl like design so it is different than something like the Vapman or the Magic Flight Launch Box.
How do you clean the Vapor Genie?
The best way to clean the Vapor Genie is to use hot water and slowly pour it through the ceramic filter. Gently tap or shake the Vapor Genie a bit to get the water flowing through it completely. If you do this for about 10 minutes it should remove any soot that has built up over time. Also at the end you'll want to run a pipe cleaner through it to get anything that may not have washed out.
This method of cleaning works for either of the classic Vapor Genies, the colored or maple, ash, and oak.

:thumb:

The vape gene is not that great of a product. I like the idea of its size and portability but the technique to use it takes forever to get down. Most often you end up burning your meds and getting a popcorn taste. I had mine for 2 months till the cops confiscated it.

For the price the one Vape Dog pointed out seems like a hell of a deal.

Back
Top Bottom