Newbie!

sam buddy

Hello peeps! I'm a first time grower an long time smoker lol please forgive my bad grammar or the way I explain things. I'm growing pineapple chunk just 1 from seed I got a 1mx1mx2m tent with 400w hps I'm using a hydro bubble system my res holds 4gallons (12liters) I'm now 19 days since it germinated I started to give my plant nutrients on day 14 but when I did I only gave it 0.5ml-1liter just so wouldn't burn my roots.
My pH I have at 5.8 but the next day I checked the pH an It rose to 6.6 I had no clue as to why,I cleaned everything aswell I did have a theory example maybe my plant needed more nutrients then I gave it causing the pH to rise so I thought if I gave more nutrients the same amount 0.5-1liter so the res has now got 1ml-1liter and that seem to work checked it twice a day an it stayed 5.8 happy days.
Day 18 I notice there maybe cal/mag deficiency's and I don't have cal/mag yet but found its a common problem in hydro an its a must have in your grow, so I thought I'll change the res an up the nutrient to 2ml-1liter after a couple of hours of changing the res I checked the pH it rose again?!? To 6.3 but this time I thought I can't give anymore than I have in case I burn my roots so I just pH it down to 5.8 and it hasn't moved.
I also have a TDs reader but not a ec reader I got the TDs today it also reads the temp of the water so my ppm is saying 464 an water temp is 75f
So please if anyone can help me as to why my pH rises and is it a good to ad nutrients if the pH rises or pH down it and if someone can tell me if my ppm is to low if it is how would I go about changing it. My water is a hard water if this helps anyone. Any fundamental info would be greatly appreciated
PH/5.8
Ppm/464
Tent temp between 75-82f
Rh is between 40-55

:welcome: Great introduction, you'll find all those answers here!

One way to read about how to grow with success, is to read the "journals" section, page 1 details the complete setup fo each of the 100's of journals here at 420. Or just post a specific question, we like pictures too, lots of pictures to help us answer, you may want to practice, some new members struggle with pics, here's a helpful link.

You chose the best site for answers from great members & staff. Thank you for including some US #'s with your Metric!

LINK HERE Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Welcome to the site sam buddy! I don't know to much about hydro but the How to Grow Marijuana is a great place to start. You can also get a page going in the Grow Journals section as well as follow along with other similar grows to yours. If you do start a journal you can put the link in here as well as your signature.

Again welcome to the site enjoy your stay!

sorry i have bad eyesight and thought that was ham buddy

welcome and please don't feed the bears

Back
Top Bottom