Newborn seedlings, how long can they make it without light. Help needed

Captain cure

I am not new to growing and I know a seedling can make it atleast 8-12 hours without light and not die but I have very unique circumstances. I have 8 seedlings in soil. I have an extreme emergency to where I can not remove them from where they are indoors but I have to cut the power. 3 are about 1.5 inches with embryo leave only. 3 more have popped up but are still carrying there husk and 2 are just at the soils edge. They have been under 24 hours since planted and temps from 72-80 f. I have to without a doubt cut the power for a minimum of 12 hours max 48. They will also lose heat and drop to 45-60 f for that time. I do not want them to die but if they do it's better then what will happen if I leave the power on. Please educated answers only. I have never had to leave a seedling without light for a long period of time. I've had older plants go through a simular circumstance but not a baby. Thanks in advance.

I do not know the answer, but I do know they will stretch massively in search for light, so stake/prop in anticipation of that so they don't fall over. Hopefully someone with a definite answer will come by to help. Good luck to you!

Yea that's a good idea. I'm going to do that now. There good to go for the weekend but Monday night shits going to go down and I'm hoping I can put everything back together Tuesday around dinner time. Worst case is Thursday. That's a pretty long time, Monday night til Thursday afternoon. It's like worst case scenario for me man. Totally unexpected emergency totally caught me off gaurd. I'm just hoping they can make it through this and bounce back. It would be a kick in the nuts to shut it down late Monday night then go back Wednesday or Thursday and there all dead. It is what it is tho. There isn't much else I can do

Not sure what the budget is like, but you could rent a generator for a day or two as well. Just throwing it out there...

Can you set them by a south-facing window? Newly sprouted seedlings don't need large lights (although they will likely stretch a bit). They're not all that hard to camouflage either. Place them amongst - or in - some other houseplants.

Methinks that while stressing newborns in the way you contemplate doing might not guarantee that they'll end up males - but it does increase the likelihood.

ah dude, my sympathies man,sounds like you got some s.h.1.t going on.Why cant us poor growers be left in peace to love our babies ? hey can you tell me whether your new borns made it to thursday. curious now (also a bit curious about your s.h.1.t-but i am a nosey Cornish bird Hee Hee:rollingeyes:

They made it and are thriving. There on day 20 around and all on there 5/7 set of leaves. A few are almost a foot talke and range from 7-12 inches. I blasted them 24 hours a day 3 days straight and only ended up having to shut down for 2 days. They were in complete darkness and when I was able to get back to everything somehow they managed to grow some and didn't even stretch. They have been on 20/4 since then and have really tight node spacing. I was totally amazed at how good they did and how good they are now. They have sets of 7s already and there first and second sets are almost the size of my hand. Everything ended up working out

crickey.im trying to get my seedlings.... to NOT be 2 foot tall OR shrivel away in the intense heat n die. having probs with climate control :-@ hee hee.... check my desperate last thread-if you can find it,,,i cant :-/

Hey buds, i currently bought 33 seeds for 150. I plant on growing about 6 plants indoor and wandering whats my best way (cheapest and most efficient) to go with lighting. i have 1120 lumen 100w bulbs in my house... would those work or should i buy something else? thanks

Back
Top Bottom