NFL Bans Patriots Rusher For Marijuana

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
New England Patriots running back Kevin Faulk was suspended for one game by the National Football League on Saturday after being charges with possession of marijuana earlier this year.

Faulk will miss New England's September 7 opener against Kansas City and will be fined an additional game check after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge in July and receiving one year on probation.

Faulk, 32, was found with hand-rolled cigars containing marijuana while attending a rap music concert in Lafayette, Louisiana, on February 22.

The Patriots' all-time leader in catches by a rusher with 323, Faulk made 47 catches for 383 yards and a touchdown last season while also rushing for 265 yards as the Patriots won 18 games in a row before losing the Super Bowl to the New York Giants.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: AFP
Copyright: 2008 AFP

So here is another example of responsible use not affecting ones performance on the job.....just like anyone would drink a beer on a day off from work or the night before work... where a good nights sleep metabolises the THC or alcohol there by not affecting your ability to function at work.....CA just passed a law saying an employer simply cannot fire you if it is known that you are a medical user...before they could....This is reason to legalize THC so it can be taxed, regulated, stop the black market, reduce police effort saving billions each year etc.....

Guess that proves it if you smoke you are a useless looser that can accomplish nothing! Right? well maybe not another outstanding adult that just likes getting a buzz but does not affect his career..the other bull shit must be lies yathink? Get off our ass LEGALIZE, REGULATE, TAX, NOW!!!!!!

I agree with you my friend but it is better than the alternative JAIL, RUIN YOUR LIFE!!

I don't agree with decriminalization. I don't want to pay fines for having weed either. Full legalization is what I'd like to see. I find I like what Australia has done quite acceptable. I'd have no problem being my own grower. I don't need more than 6 plants.

As far as 'screw regulate and tax', if you think screwing those taxes lands you in less trouble than being caught having mj today, you're mistaken.

In any case, I find it ironic that they seem to be blithe about steroids, which come with a wreath of health problems and risks on both social and physical levels.

Furthermore, I'd like to see them classify the drug as 'performance enhancing.' That would give me a chuckle.

Anyone know that MJ commercial where the kid is going down the stairs to see his loser brother in the basement who thinks that MJ is OK? That is to say, smoking MJ makes you a loser? I'd really like to see that football player down there with all his accolades, or Ross Rebagliati with his 3 gold medals.

Hopefully, we will always have home grown. Until fairly recently, moonshining was common, and they spent more policing that than the taxes lost would pay for. Being taxed vs jail is not the question. Some of you sound like you have stock in the tobacco and cigarette companies, who are licking their lips. Taxation just means another layer of Le, irs. and prison industrial business.

Back
Top Bottom