Nutrients problem?

ingrowth

Hi there,

I have some plants outside and 2 problems for which I would like to have your suggestions. First problems, a leaf discoloration :

DSC_007611.JPG

It begins two or three days ago and it's accelerating. Some leaves are worst than that. It looks like a kind of burning. I've check on some sites about different types of nutrience defficiencies but i'm not sure about this one, there is no clear pattern, except that it first appears like little or medium spot (randomly located). I had a little mold problem lately so I've put peroxide + water on them (while in the sunshine), I would like to know if this could be the cause (is too much peroxide + sun can cause damade?)

Another picture :
DSC_007923.JPG

I can't show you, but new leaves are affected two. One of the plants is more affected than the other (by discoloration) but all of them seem affected at different degrees...

The other problem that I have is some dots, white, close to silver (shinny) :
DSC_007815.JPG

Again, it's not the best picture, but you can spot some of them on all pictures. This problem touch a specific plant more than the other. I don't have a picture of that plant, but there's a ton of those little silverish dots on it (a lotttt more than on those pictures).

So... if anybody could help, it would be great.

Extra info : the soil is top soil + a little bit or gardening dark soil + a little bit of organic compost.

Thank you very much.

Re: Nutrience problem?

There're outside, in pots of... 3 Gal, maybe. I water them when the soil is dry, something like every 3 days, or so. I don't know the PH of the soil, i've just mixt normal top soil with gardening soil (darkish fluffy soil) and a little bit of compost, nothing else since 2 months.

Ok then... what should be the cheapest way to check the PH? I know that there's electronic gadgets to check it (are they good btw?), but is there any cheapest and efficient way? Thanks a lot!!!!

The CHEAPEST way would probably be buying an analog meter, which will cost $5-$10. They're not as accurate as digital meters, but I use a cheap meter myself, and I've learned to make it work for me for now. This type of meter usually is green, has 2 metal; probes, and will have 3 or 4 functions. Testing lights, moisture, and PH, and the 4th test is fertility (which I wouldn't trust to tell me that my soil has enough NPK and all micronutes)

The digital meters (start at about $20 I believe) are far superior in accuracy. It's up to you and your budget which way you go. I know some folks use PH strips for testing runoff, water, and nutes, but you can't use them to test the actual soil itself.

Back
Top Bottom