I'm confused

TheDougernaut

I'm growing one sativa hybrid plant outside in a pot. I'm using compost soil I made myself with grass clippings, banannas, coffee grounds, potatoes, watermelons, corn stocks, etc. It's going on week 10, and there is plenty of growth, especially inner growth. some of the inner limbs have 4 nodes already. I've had it on a 12/12 sunlight cycle for almost two weeks. It's only 12 and a half inches tall, but it's looking really healthy, and purple. It still isn't showing any sex what-so-ever. I water it once nightly.

Should I be concerned that it's not showing any sex? Also, some of the bottom leaves are dying. I'll try and post some photos soon.

Also, I have a problem with those little reddish mites. Any ideas on getting rid of those. There are little white spots on almost every leaf too. Like I said, any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

is your light cycle a strict 12/12 or is there some risidual light? also how large is the pot that youre growing in? a larger pot will give large plants. another question, which leaves are falling off? are they the smaller 3 finger leaves or the lower true leaves? if its the 3 fingers, its normal for plants to ditch less productive leaves. if its the true leaves that are falling off you might want to fertilize them a bit. a plant will yellow off lower leaves in order to feed new growth.

There is a little residual light. I'll see what I can do about that, and most of the leaf death is in the 3 finger leaves. Thanks a lot.

Will the 12 on 12 off work with outdoor plants?

Can I transplant a 10 week old plant?

And is the white spotting on the leaves something I should concern myself with?

sure you can but expect for about a week or two for the plant to reroot itself and its a good idea to do this when ever your plant is root bound.I have not seen it but a pal in calf. showed me home video of a medical grow that got two harvest in each year by covering the green house's each day to give them a strict 12/12 light cycle.He said thay started cuttings inside them moved them outdoor's plants did not get as large as ones grown for a season,but he said the yearly crop was up 15% if not more.As far as sexing the plant should be showing somthing by the third week of a 12/12 light cycle.the only thing i can think of is some sativa's come from reigons near the equator and will only show there sex when thay have fully developed.That is on reason i herd it was hard to grow thi (my favorit smoke was this chocolate thi from the 80's)here in my part of the state's

if the length of sunlight is decreasing than your plants should show their sex pretty soon. if it is increasing then the plants will stay in veg. your plant is old enough to be transplanted, if you see roots around the drainage holes then its a good time to move em on up.
as for the mites, neem oil is a great organic insecticide and should get rid of most pest. if you can find that then 1 teaspoon of soap, and 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil mixed in a gallon of water works fairly well. spray that on the leaves once a week or after a rain, the home method works but some bugs will become resistent to it. it also works good against deers and other animals that munch on leaves.
good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom