1st time grow

NEWBIE49

Have a plant about 10-12 inches tall still dont know sex but i think its a female she is about 6 weeks exact just some good green, growing in the pot .. Any info on water and nutes would be good, do i have to clone to get bud? i havent given it anything serious just some organic mg

i AM ON MY FIRST GROW BUT I AM MORE THAT GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU WHAT I HAVE LEARNED. CHECK OUT THE PICS IN MY GALLERY MY GIRLS ARE JUST STARTING TO BUD.:)

planted end of june, its in a half gallon pot. its an outdoor plant small pot i used miracle gro potting mix i also used the MG organic choice plant food once mixed the tsp with half a gallon of water and i crushed white eggshells and put it the soil (heard it feeds the plants also).. im thinking about changing pots to, any info is helpful thanks

Have a plant about 10-12 inches tall still dont know sex but i think its a female she is about 6 weeks

Way too early to tell if it's male or female if you're growing in a pot outdoors and if it's only 10~12 inches tall. Still has a lot more vegging to do.

Strongly suggest you find a bigger pot. You'll need something of at least 5 gallons to get a good grow.

Just a guess, but, more than likely your plant won't begin to show signs of sex till the end of August or the 1st~2nd week of September.

you figure 1 gal for every month shes alive. what is your ph? and MG SOILS AND FOOD has time releasing nutes that can trigger abnormal deficiencies. or so i hear never used it so i cant say, what kind of lights are you using?

sour its a outdoor plant no lights just sun up to sun down, o ok well i stop using the MG plant food i think it destroyed 2 of my other plants..but this is my 1st plant so im just trying .. i soon go indoors with the season..

well dnt worry as much about you ph if your going to put them in the ground make sure the dirt and plants around is semi concealed and not to shady
GOOD LUCK

IMG_23075.JPG
IMG_23056.JPG
IMG_23013.JPG

Hey dude,

Not a bad looking plant for being in small pot. Looks healthy enough. I'd suggest getting it into a bigger pot (at least 5 gallon) ASAP before it does begin to show signs of sex - which could happen within the next 3~4 weeks.

I'm assume you're not keeping in the same spot all the time....moving it around from time to time so it can get more sun...? If you're short on space to move around with you could always use Aluminum foil (shiny side up) glued to cardboard, you know...like a mirror, to deflect more sunlight around your plant.

:goodluck:

hey thanks, actually yesterday i switched pots ill post those later today i got a pot just double that size in the picture... maybe next month ill dbl that one.. but from here on out i dont know where to go becuz i used mg potting mix and i read up on da site that it wasnt good becuz of time realeased nutes.. so within the next week any advice on soil, nutes is welcome.. also im in the east coast region planted mid june...

sorry so late gettin back to you, try this. get you a 3 to 5 gallon pot "NOT A BUCKET" with one hole on the bottom and holes on the sides for good drainage. Don't use any soil with time released nutes or alot of tree bark cause it is too acidic. while your at lowes pick up some ULTRAGREEN 24-8-16, and some SUPER BLOOM 12-55-6. Your ULTRAGREEN has micro nutrients already mixed in but your super bloom doesn't. when flowering does accure you will have to mix the two. what i'm trying to do here is get you familiar with everything before we get into advanced nute and organics. Find you a reasonably priced ph tester. You should be able to find a good soil at your local gardening store. Now, PLEASE get it into a bigger pot. Follw the directions on the back of your nutes. If you want to induce sex and/or flowering, depending on your schedule put it on a 12/12 by putting it out at 9am and bringing it in at 9pm. The room you put it in has to have a fan. Ohh yeah, if you plan on planting outdoors in the future read RANGERDANGER'S OUTDOOR GROWING TUTORIAL. Let me kwon when you get the pot nutes and soil.

hey whats up guys have a lil up date for my 1st time grow well i changed the pots got a bigger one for now and she looking good getting much more sun light in a better spot of the yard havent added the mg plant food inna while shes looking good so far i didnt get the chance to make it to home depot just eggshells every 2 weeks and !tsp of brown sugar to a gal of water 1x a week.. thanks any info is welcome thanks in adv
IMG_7180.JPG
IMG_7179.JPG

ok also heres my friends plant also gorwing good he hasnt added any nutrients at all tell me what u think the leaves are yellowing a but but the stem is every strong ... andy advice is welcome thanks.....
IMG_7178.JPG
IMG_71751.JPG

Your plants are about the same age as mine but yours look fuller. Mine are kinda stretching and need more light. But I am working on that. I didn't know you could give them brown sugar with water, what is that for? I have been using eggshells in water as well as having them in the dirt. Looking good!

thanks all i got the brown sugar thing from someone on here.... im hoping its a girl.. because i will soon have to bring her inside due to weather so imma need you guys to tell me whats next when it comes in if she is a female

about 90% sure it looks like a male could be a hermie though, i dont see any pistils. only see pollen sacs. if those were buds white hairs would be everywhere, but its not a close up so double check

Back
Top Bottom