First Grow Ever.... Accidentally

ThisBuds4U

So I have this plant that I grew, or rather grew itself. I think from my habit of tossing seeds (mostly regs and some mid grades) in to the back yard, one decided to grow. Havent really payed it too much attention until recently when it really got big. It seemed healthy and pest free until maybe the last 2 weeks or so. I believe it is Female, and smells GOOOOOOOD. Well, here comes my issue. Like I said, its growing in my backyard, in the grass, in the exact middle of my lawn. It gets awesome sun for growing, from morning to about 3pm direct. and a few more indirect/shady hours until sunset. I just got neem oil stuff for the bugs, and have slowed down the watering. I think i was overwatering? Here are a few pics. Any tips? She is 39 inches tall, and 2 inches around the base.

Oh, and its about to start getting hot down here in Tx. I just want to know if there is anything i can do to force it to flower or.....? Should I transplant it into a big ass pot to bring it indoors and be able to give it a better light/dark schedule along with cooler temps?

smallplant.192637

full

I forgot to add that the leaf tips on the really sunny side are starting to curl up a bit, and some leaves are showing some yellow spots. Thanks in advance guys!

It's a pretty plant. It's gonna rely on the natural photo period to flower, so when your area gets 12 hours of darkness for a couple of weeks then you'll get to know if it's male of female. It will be huge by then, I think. Is it private enough? It must stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe if you can cut it out in a big enough chunk you can transplant it to indoors. If there's a chance you could go to jail or get ripped with it outside it's probably worth a try.

The bug damage looks like leaf miners.

I would t it go. Maybe cut some of the grass back. The replaces the chunk of grass after harvest.

That plant will get large though. What happens if it gets 7 feet tall where it is now.

Is your plant getting water from a yard sprinkler that could be burning the leafs on the sun side????

Edit I just looked at the 2nd pic. I thought by your post that the leafs were drown and rolling over.

nice plant. That grass is taking a lot of nutes from your plant friend. I would cut it back. Maybe even a cheap green house if your neighbors can see.

I would t it go. Maybe cut some of the grass back. The replaces the chunk of grass after harvest.

That plant will get large though. What happens if it gets 7 feet tall where it is now.

Is your plant getting water from a yard sprinkler that could be burning the leafs on the sun side????

Edit I just looked at the 2nd pic. I thought by your post that the leafs were drown and rolling over.

nice plant. That grass is taking a lot of nutes from your plant friend. I would cut it back. Maybe even a cheap green house if your neighbors can see.

I dont think the size of it would really pose a problem, unless I have square company... Not really worried about the neighbors.
As far as the spots, there is no sprinkler. I have been watering it at the base only with water, nothing else. It does get lots more sun on the spotty side. There's a big pecan tree about 15 feet away, that shades it from about 2pm till sunset.
Really looking forward to grow indoors, thought maybe this would be a start.
Is there anyway to force it to flower before it gets to be so damn big? Its been in the ground a few mnths.

You could cut a bunch of clones off of that plant (or start with a few) and take them inside and root them, then put them under 12/12 light, see if it's a girl. If she's female she'll make a great mother. Then just let nature take it's course with her and harvest a couple of pounds.

Back
Top Bottom