NY. - No toke! Pot-flavored candy for sale

Hash

City politicians are smoking mad over a line of pot-flavored candies for local customers with the munchies.

Chronic Candy - hemp-based novelty lollipops and gumdrops that claim "every lick is like taking a hit" - is sparking controversy among critics who feel the sweets promote drug use among kids.

"How could we go into market and create a product for children that encourages them to taste the taste of marijuana?" outraged Councilwoman Margarita Lopez (D-Manhattan) said on WPIX-Channel 11, "What is the message? 'Use drugs, that is okay?'"

The pot pops - which have been snapped up by the likes of rapper Snoop Dogg and Paris Hilton and are on sale in 43 stores around the city - contain no THC, the ingredient that gives pot users a "high."

But the controversial candies come in explicitly ganja-themed "nickel bags" and "20 sacs" and tout flavors like "Chronic" and "Icky Sticky Skunk Buds."

Chronic Candy founder Antonio Montana defended the treats, saying they were never intended for youngsters.

"Give me a list of what we can do to keep these things out of kids' hands, and I'll do it," Montana, 36, said from his home in California. "I don't think kids should be eating them. It's an adult thing."

Montana added that he encourages his retailers to slap an 18-and-older-only label on the candies, which he started importing from Switzerland four years ago, but said it's up to them.

Queens candy store owner David Abramowitz sells only to adults, but added that he's not impressed by all the controversy.

"Lopez is making all this noise. Look, I'm not out to corrupt kids," said Abramowitz, 62, whose store has a no-sales policy on the pot pops to those younger than 18. "It's just for kicks."

By David Epstein and Nicole Bode
Daily News Writers
https://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/262339p-224621c.html

i will man if you cant find em...i got mine at the local smoke shop...check there and if you cant find em then message me and ill get your contact and shit

Back
Top Bottom