Oh what a lucky man I am!

HawaiiOhs

Aloha all,

Have been "lurking" for a couple of years...it's about time I began to "participate". So;

I am a soon-to-be 57 year old whose association with "da dew" goes back to 1968 when I was introduced to the sweetness for the 1st time. It was skaggy Mexican bulk weed, but it DID enlighten me just enough.

Put in a tour in Vietnam 69-70. Special Forces Psychological Warfare A-Team leader...flew in Hueys, walked the bush with different units; 101st Airborne, 1st Air Cav (Custer's old unit 2nd of the 7th), 9th Inf Div, 25th Inf Div, and the 1st inf Div. Worked a 28 day on 2-3 day off rotation. Earned the nickname "SNAKE" for my ability to get the "dew" through the wire. Would leave a basecamp with cartons of cigarettes and exchange them (1-for-1) for POUNDS of Nam-weed; MUCH better than the Mexican stuff...but still NOT what we enjoy these days.

College after, then a heavy relationship which led to a 30 year (anniversary this past New Years) marriage...so far. Two wonderful children, one at University (TUFTS) and the other headed for his senior year at high school...lookin' toward math and computer science.

Have lived in Hawaii for 25 years now...love it love it love it.

Am a history buff; with focus of military history. Taught foreign languages (FRENCH and SPANISH) in high schools in Arizona and Hawaii. Also taught English, English-as-a-second-Language, history, and computers.

Am a polyglot, speaking at one point in my life, German, French, Spanish, Vietnamese, and Hawaiian Style Pidgin.

Howzit brah

Have been living with chronic pain for two decades; degenerative spinal arthritis of the T-2 through T-10 vertibrae. My T-9 has a spur which penetrates the spinal sac so that whenever there are inertia changes the spur taps the column itself...creates violent diaphragm and back spasms. Spent 9 years on opiate meds and anti-depressants. Have been OFF ALL FDA approved meds, relying EXCLUSIVELY on the green and ENTERIC coated digestive enzymes for pain management since...and it WORKS.

So there you have it; my life in a bong. Take a hit, enjoy, and think kind thoughts.

Aloha

Welcome! It's good to have people with such good life experiences here. You're also yet another case in point against the FDA's 'no benefit' approach to medical marijuana. Good to have you. :bong:

Welcome! I agree with Jake-t is cool to see some more people on here that have a lot of life experience. Glad to hear MJ is helping you with your spinal problems. That's awsome you were able to get off those other meds.

Back
Top Bottom