Ohio Looking to Ban Home Grow

We’re not supposed to be visible to the public but I don’t think they can do anything about on my deck.
If I understand what the legal aspect is supposed to be the front porch is visible to the public and the public is people walking on a public sidewalk or driving on a public road. The parking lot behind my yard and the driveway along to side are private property but are open and accessible to the public to walk on or drive through or park on.

We’re not supposed to be visible to the public but I don’t think they can do anything about on my deck.
There was an article in the newspaper about 2 years ago. The reporters were discussing changes in the way Marijuana was treated by the public since the recreational vote in 2018. A short part of the article mentioned that busybody neighbors would call the police on another neighbor with a complaint about the smell of flowering plants. The police would have to respond that since it was legal they would not bother to do anything. Only time the police would get involved was if the neighbor could honestly say that they could see that the grow had more than 12 plants...and that meant the plants could be seen without having to use a telescope, binoculars, periscope, standing on a ladder to look over the fence or flying a drone over the garden.

Back
Top Bottom