Ohio Looking to Ban Home Grow

To Celebrate the MJ legalization, jump in your car and drive up to Monroe, MI, exit 13 off I-75. If you have never been to a dispensary. You can view and purchase MJ in all of its forms, Oil, Wax and Flower, pre rolled in a very clean and secure area. I believe there are around 15 of the stores within a mile off the exit. I can only imagine the traffic back-ups there now. It has always been jam packed but special now.

Isn't is a great country we live in, where the people can cast a vote to ammend, dissaprove or approve on a ballot, then politicians follow up by deciding what is best for them and their donors, in a 400 page document.

As long as they just leave me alone..I'm good. It's all new right now and kind of a surprise for the Republican state. They had months to prepare for this but failed to do anything. Probably thought it wouldn't pass. Now they scramble to keep face with their constituents.

Home grow will be legal..just lowered to six plants for now. They fear home grows to large will flood the black market as the retail market gets going. 6 plants is large enough for any personal use grow. How they plan on enforcing that...who knows.

Will the odor of a grow give them reason to search? Check numbers? All new to us folks here in Ohio. It'll all hash out in the end...no pun intended.

6 plants is large enough for any personal use grow.
I call b.s. on that point. That's like saying you're only allowed six items in your medicine cabinet. If you have several medical conditions to treat you may want say some pain medicine for daytime, and a different pain med to help you stay asleep, something for anxiety, something for inflammation, something for crohn's disease, whatever.

Doesn't take too many different conditions to see what a real restriction that is. So what they're actually encouraging is for growers who want to remain legal, to grow huge plants, much larger than they need which gives them something to trade with someone who grew something else. All they're doing is encouraging the black market that way.

A better way, if there really was some need to limit it at all, would be on canopy size or growing area. Grow as many as you want in say a 3x3 meter area.

But, it's not about making sense, or about constituents' health, it's about the drug companies funding the making of the rules to discourage people from providing for themselves.

Cannabis has been shown to be more effective and without the massive side effects for things like inflammation, chronic pain, sleep, nausea, anxiety and on and on. All of those are huge profit centers for the drug companies so, if many of us grew our own medicine in our backyards, it would be a major hit to those big businesses. They can't have that happen and given the effectiveness of the Reefer Madness propaganda campaign, our side isn't informed enough to offset the lobbying efforts of the drug companies.

Some day maybe, but you have to admit the rules make zero sense given the reward/risk ratio of this plant vs tobacco, alcohol, and most of the drugs that are somehow acceptable where our plant is not.

Makes no sense unless you follow the money.

The Ohio proposal that was voted on in November was just that, a proposal. It was not something that specifically mandated an exact change to an existing Ohio law nor the creation of a new law. People are forgetting this and thinking that what was voted on was a change to the Ohio constitution.

The way it was presented to the people left it open to the legislature being able to fine tune it to what they think is best. That sort of proposal is a lot easier to get on the ballot. If the proposal on the Ohio ballot was very specific on mandating acceptance as written or mandating a specific change to the state's constitution it would have been a lot harder to get on the ballot. And, if it made it that far it ends up being harder to get passed.

In the meantime a well organized group is doing what it can to eliminate any progress that Ohio's November bill proposed. That group reminds me of the people that spoke out against the Michigan proposal on the November 2018 ballot.

Ohio Senate makes an abrupt turn, and seems to expand rights. Governor urges passage. Ohio House still confused.

That was a sudden and unexpected turn-around for the better after the earlier proposed refinements to the Ohio ballot question. Keep in mind that this was approved by the representatives in the Ohio Senate. It still has to go the the Ohio House where it has to be approved as submitted. If they do that then it goes to the governor for signing.

For the November election 49% of registered voters in Ohio cast a ballot. Of those, 57% voted for the Cannabis issue meaning that the other 43% voted against it or did not care and did not mark their ballot either way.

I call b.s. on that point. That's like saying you're only allowed six items in your medicine cabinet. If you have several medical conditions to treat you may want say some pain medicine for daytime, and a different pain med to help you stay asleep, something for anxiety, something for inflammation, something for crohn's disease, whatever.

Doesn't take too many different conditions to see what a real restriction that is. So what they're actually encouraging is for growers who want to remain legal, to grow huge plants, much larger than they need which gives them something to trade with someone who grew something else. All they're doing is encouraging the black market that way.

A better way, if there really was some need to limit it at all, would be on canopy size or growing area. Grow as many as you want in say a 3x3 meter area.

But, it's not about making sense, or about constituents' health, it's about the drug companies funding the making of the rules to discourage people from providing for themselves.

Cannabis has been shown to be more effective and without the massive side effects for things like inflammation, chronic pain, sleep, nausea, anxiety and on and on. All of those are huge profit centers for the drug companies so, if many of us grew our own medicine in our backyards, it would be a major hit to those big businesses. They can't have that happen and given the effectiveness of the Reefer Madness propaganda campaign, our side isn't informed enough to offset the lobbying efforts of the drug companies.

Some day maybe, but you have to admit the rules make zero sense given the reward/risk ratio of this plant vs tobacco, alcohol, and most of the drugs that are somehow acceptable where our plant is not.

Follow the money! Republicans hold back at every step everywhere ! All they wanna do is complain and vote against bills that will help the country

Follow the money! Republicans hold back at every step everywhere ! All they wanna do is complain and vote against bills that will help the country
Well, I think that goes both ways. It's basically one Uniparty protecting their own self interests. And by their own I mean their personal self interests not their constituents they're supposed to be representing. Political hacks, the majority of them. :confused:

Maybe I should have reworded that a little. I agree with you. Some folks will require more but for the most of us six plants is enough. A good six plants run is a lot of dope. Anyways, I don't think the police are gonna run around checking people's numbers.

Is it bullshit..YEP! I don't dictate how much beer or liquor a person can make. A far more harmful and truly dangerous drug that has ruined lives for thousands of years. Time will heal all these bumps in the road we're having right now. It can only get better from where we are.

Maybe I should have reworded that a little. I agree with you. Some folks will require more but for the most of us six plants is enough. A good six plants run is a lot of dope. Anyways, I don't think the police are gonna run around checking people's numbers.

Is it bullshit..YEP! I don't dictate how much beer or liquor a person can make. A far more harmful and truly dangerous drug that has ruined lives for thousands of years. Time will heal all these bumps in the road we're having right now. It can only get better from where we are.
Exactly right. It's all about control. And money. Well, maybe control  of the money.

All the rest is drama to distract us from what's really going on. It's the "look at that shiny thing in the corner over there so you don't notice what's really going on right in front of your face" thing.

Over 40 plus years I have watched that party loose its way. It no longer seems driven to help provide a better country for the people.

Well, I think that goes both ways. It's basically one Uniparty protecting their own self interests. And by their own I mean their personal self interests not their constituents they're supposed to be representing. Political hacks, the majority of them. :confused:
This kind of ties in with my above comment. Lately, maybe 15 to 20 years, I have started to feel that the Republican Party and citizens who identify with it are determining their political view based on what the other party claims. If the Democrats say they will support a particular issue the Republicans will oppose it automatically. And the same goes for Democrats who will immediately oppose just about anything the other party comes up with.

And the voting people of either party does the same thing.

Over 40 plus years I have watched that party loose its way. It no longer seems driven to help provide a better country for the people.

This kind of ties in with my above comment. Lately, maybe 15 to 20 years, I have started to feel that the Republican Party and citizens who identify with it are determining their political view based on what the other party claims. If the Democrats say they will support a particular issue the Republicans will oppose it automatically. And the same goes for Democrats who will immediately oppose just about anything the other party comes up with.

And the voting people of either party does the same thing.
Totally agree. It's hard to find someone voting  for their candidate. Rather most seem to be voting against the other candidate.

Totally agree. It's hard to find someone voting  for their candidate. Rather most seem to be voting against the other candidate.
I love Biden! This high-speed rail is going to change the way Americans think about it. Republicans just know how to give rich people money $8 trillion. It’s a shame that they can’t own up to.
Eight freaking trillion dollars and nothing to show for it

Rather most seem to be voting against the other candidate.
I see it as voting against the other candidate because of party affiliation even though that candidate supports many of the same issues the voter does. More often than not a voter has one issue that is more important than all the others put together. Hence, the one issue voter.

Politicians are the family members of corporate America; they're the only people who can afford to finance a campaign. A politician's job is to convince you that they are out for your interests while protecting the interests of the wealthy people who got them their job. That's why nothing worthwhile ever gets done that matters to the majority of us. And why so many important issues that mean so much to common people never get addressed.
My understanding is that someone who has four adults in their household can have up to ten ounces (2.5 oz. each) in the house, but I haven't asked about that yet. So, if you wind up with more you would have to keep it at somebody else's house. A continual grow (with both a veg and bloom tent) harvested every month would probably be the best deal there. Man, 2-1/2 ounces doesn't last very long..... :(
Are clones going to be allowed to be sold?

Back
Top Bottom