OldSkoool's Harvest

OldSkoool

I checked the trichromes yesterday morning, and to my surprise most were cloudy, a few still clear, but some, not many were already amber.
Even though I thought it was early, maybe it was the type of indica strain at 6 1/2 weeks flowering, I trusted the advice I've learned from everyone, and took her down. Hope ya like. Sweet skunky scent. Different.

Here's one of the main branches before trimming

harvest012.JPG

Nice big bud, one of the smaller branches after trimming

harvest022.JPG

Hung 'em back in the box to dry

harvest032.JPG

Flash lit up the trichromes, very cool

harvest052.JPG

Looks real good, especially liking the last picture. Congrats man. :allgood:

hell yeah man those are some awesome pics

Thanks everyone. Seeing how it's bag seed, and my first grow since Jimmy Carter was in office, I'd say it's about 50% pure luck, and 50% advice from all of you fine folks. I just checked 'em, and the low humidity of the a/c in the room combined with the air flow created by the vent fan has already dried out the smaller leaves. Sweet. Wife and I will be heading out to some local garage sales looking for sealable glass jars, ala RooRman style for curing once the stems are dry enough to snap per Urdedpal.

I flash cured some of the really small buds that I snipped during the trim, then mixed them with the small amount of kief I collected from the leaf trimmings (cold water separation), then shared them with a close friend.

It's going to be a fun summer:allgood:

Thanks again for all your great help!

Those plants were very hearty for only 6 1/2 weeks. I hope to pull mine today at 8 weeks, and I definatly don't have as much bulk as you do. Next time I will try topping to increase yeilds. Or perhaps the high humidity was a major factor in my grow.

Whatever the case, homegrown buds are the best!

RooRman, who know's all the secrects, I do know that your grow looks damn good from the pics you've sent. If my next plant is even half as good as this one, I'll feel lucky. I'll send some pics of the buds once they've cured. Good luck with your harvest!

OldSkoool said:
RooRman, who know's all the secrects, I do know that your grow looks damn good from the pics you've sent. If my next plant is even half as good as this one, I'll feel lucky. I'll send some pics of the buds once they've cured. Good luck with your harvest!

Thanks alot Oldskool. I cut them a few minutes ago, and I am now uploading pictures. I wouldn't say I know all the secrets, but I do try my best, and that seems to get me by.

Each of your individual buds is huge, but there are fewer of them. My plant has TONS of bud sites, but inveresly the buds were not as large individually. I guess it's all in how you grow it, mainly whether you top or not. My next grow I think I will try topping, but nevertheless I am very happy with the results of this grow.

Thanks to Urdedpal, I learned the optimum drying temp/humidity, and the plants are now hanging in my closet with a fan. It's 75*F and 45% humidity...PERFECT. :allgood:

Oldskool looks fantastic bro. If you need glass jars I would just pick up a pack of 12 canning jars from a grocery store or something.. for the main colas I have this giant glass cookie jar that works perfect.. just giving you some ideas because the cure is the final and an important part :allgood:

Thanks for the tips, and compliment mates. Looks like another trip to America's discount store:allgood:

Back
Top Bottom