Oregon.Hippie 1st Journal

Oregon.Hippie

Sup guys. Im a new Medical Cardholder here in Oregon. I've been lurking and reading my ass off in here for about 3 weeks now. I am about 2 weeks away from my first harvest of a nice Indica strain. I went hydro and used a homemade system. I couldn't be happier. My 12 plants are absolutely LADEN with fruit and the sweet indica smell is intoxicating. 1st grow luck I suppose. My camera sucks and I promise to have a new one by the time I show you my veg. area.

day 32 flower unknown Indica strain
4505.JPG

For my second attempt I will be logging a journal. This is everything from the beginning.

Going to grow 12 plants. 6 will be clones from the above strain. Any guesses on the lineage are welcome. The other 6 will be grown from seed. I got the seeds from a reputable seedbank in the Netherlands. (better be reputable for $ 155. bucks American!) I got 10 feminized Supernova:

Supernova pic from the seedbank:
supernova.jpg

If your interested heres the description of the Supernova Strain.

SUPER NOVA Feminized...its new and its super. Brighter shining THC crystals than any other cannabis varity. A very bright new star shining in your garden. Because of the many requests we added Chronic marijuana seeds to our marijuana seeds catalogue. SUPER NOVA FEMINIZED - NUMBER 1 STRAIN 4 MEDICINAL USE SUPER NOVA is a stellar explosion that creates an extremely luminous object. A SUPER NOVA causes a burst of radiation that may briefly outshine its entire host galaxy before fading from view over several weeks or months. During this short interval the SUPER NOVA radiates as much energy as the Sun would emit over 10 billion years. Nova means new in latin referring to what appears to be a very bright new star shining in the celestial sphere the prefix super distinguishes supernovae from ordinary novae which also involve a star increasing in brightness. Note: All cannabis varieties have the capability of making male flowers on 100% female plants. This phenomenon also appilies to Super Nova Feminized especially under strong stress factors caused by different growing techniques. Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds cannot and will not take responsibility of such cultivation implicated male occurrences.

By the way the seed company has sent me 20 free seeds on top of the 10 I have purchased. Has anybody gotten the free seed packs? Any of it worth a damn? ( Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds ) I hope I havnt broken a rule by posting the name of the company. I will promptly edit if I have.

My clones are rooting slowly because I took em from the flowering stage. Day 19 I believe. This is the 7th day from taking the cuttings. Heres my clone / seed germination area in my closet. Those are 36 inch grow lux tubes I got at Wal Mart for 10 bucks as seen below.

starting area
junior_room_2.jpg

starting area
junior_room_1.jpg

Germinating seeds..............

So many schools of thought. I decided to germinate directly in soil. An all purpose bag mix supposedly for transplanting and starting. Sterilized in the oven at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Its worked for me in the past no problem.

soil10.jpg

Gonna plant em a half inch down in the soil pre dampened with distilled water in these little cups:

pots4.jpg

My closet is on the cool side. 69 degrees. Im gonna put the cups on a warming mat made for this very purpose:

seed_mat.jpg

just to be safe Im going to put a dish towell on the mat then the grow pots on the towel.

Anybody wanna change my mind about anything? Thats why I am here. This place has brilliant minds and Im like a sponge.

Thoughts? Questions?

I changed my mind on the soil I am germinating my seeds from. Instead of the all purpose I bought this bag from my local grow store for 15 bucks:

starter_soil_1.jpg

starter_soil_2.jpg

The other bag didnt even list ingredients.

So I spent the cash on the seeds. Im germinating them in soil to reduce stress. I will be planting them pointy side down in half inch deep soil supposedly engineered for seedling growth. I have a heat mat to keep the ambient temp up.

Am I forgetting something?

Anybody wanna chime in opinions?

Moderators:

Please kill this thread. I am goint to re-start it properly AFTER reading the thread rules and suggestions.

Sorry

O.H.

Hello Hippie, I am growing outside and so far have had a great year so far. Just harvisted my first crop and it looks darn good. I have planted in stages I should have another batch ready in 3 weeks, another in 6 weeks and my last in the end of summer. bamaman

Back
Top Bottom