Organic nutrients? And molasses? Yay or nay? Little help please

Zombieboy

Hey guys!
First time grow here. So I have 5 blueberrys from cropking, there reg not auto. I have them under 6 200watt cfl"s. There each in a gallon bucket with organic soil. They have been veging for a while now, to be honest the only nutrients I've given them so far has been bone meal and that was a while ago.My baby's are flourishing for sure and besides all the tlc I give them I've been really reluctant to go the chemical nutrient root. I had cancer and chemicals scare the shit out of me now. Anyways my plants seem to be thriving and super happy with only water and the bone meal I added to the soil when they were planted. My question is I've read a lot about using molasses so I'm wondering yay or nay on that and if so how much and how often? As well I'm looking for any organic nutrient options without really going to overboard. This is only my first grow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if your reading this then thanks for your time!
Take care!!

You'll probably want to transfer them eventually to a larger pot. I've heard 1 gallon of soil per month of growth.

If you use molasses it's best to use unsulphured molasses. I found some blackstrap unsulphured molasses at the grocery store. Organic soil is meant to host different beneficial bacteria and fungi; we use molasses to feed this microbiology and keep it alive while it helps the plants. I've also heard that molasses increases sugar in the plants during the last few weeks of flowering, that is later converted into flavor and scent during the cure. But the flavor tip seems to be unconfirmed. You want 1tsp(5ml) molasses per gallon of water. I gave my plants molasses once per week during flowering and now with every watering during the last couple weeks of flower.

Organic nutes seem to be a good choice for newbs. More difficult to overfeed and burn your plants apparently. Someone recommended Advanced Nutrient's Iguana Juice to me and it's been working out well. They have a veg and bloom mixture. I just feed my ladies the iguana juice, molasses, and organic CalMag from general organics (general hydroponics). The advance nutrients line are supposed to be pH perfect, balancing out to 6.0 no matter what water you use with it. But I found this to be unreliable at lower strengths so I still pH the feeding mix.

Hope that helps, check my grow in sig for more info.

Back
Top Bottom