Organic soil nutrients suggestions: all growers welcome!

Sarra

420 Member
At some point you're going to need to put these plants in a larger container with some added fresh soil.

I usually add in 1/2 cup of worm castings and 1/4 cup of Kelp meal to the hole with some mycos that actually touches the root ball.

I suggest goggling this:

"Wallace Organic Wonder Premium Mycorrhizal Inoculant"

1 tsp to the new hole on top of the EWC (castings) put the plant in there and fill with fresh soil mix.

Hi all, Bobrown14 really helped me answer many questions and im very thankful to him and to you all, simply the ease of mind that I get knowing that no matter what happens I have a backup which is you growers.

Just to make sure I understood him correctly: it's good to add extra nutrients to the soil I'm using "fox farm ocean forest" and the next steps is adding worm castings, Kelp meal and mycos which is Wallace Organic Wonder Premium Mycorrhizal Inoculant. Just put all the above in the hole or mix worm castings and kelp meal with the soil and Wallace Organic Wonder in the hole? Should I add all, some, or entirely different combination of ingredients? Has anyone added lime as well?

Would you growers please give me suggestions, I'd appreciate each person's unique method and just a tiny detail of how you use nutrients and what nutrients brand is good for my organic soil in particular (ffof)?

And while I have your attention ...
Do you think it's better to move them to a3 gallon pot then 5 gallon or straight to 5 gallon?

I'm sorry for all the questions, it's my first grow and I'm far from having a green thumb lol.

Attachments

• 20190520_193619.jpg
    20190520_193619.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20190520_193438.jpg
    20190520_193438.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190520_193325.jpg
    20190520_193325.jpg
    692.6 KB · Views: 66
Take a few minutes, and look through the link below. It's a good starting point. There are many different ways to make a good organic mix, so take your time and do some research. Search tlo or los soil recipe, and look for a mix the fits your budget.

Remember, if your adding things to the soil, it's best to let it set for a few weeks to compost the new ingredients, so the nutrients become root friendly. Do not add your plants too soon.

Organic Nutrient List

This list is the growers bible :reading420magazine: in nutrients. I wish it gives more details of how to use each in a general way at least. In the market, there's many different brands but idk which to trust and I was hoping more experienced growers more suggestions of brands they used and would reuse!

I use alot of products from Down-to-Earth, which I get locally and on Amazon. A couple of good sites to check are "Build a soil" and "KISorganics". They both have a wide variety, for reasonable prices.

I try to find things that are "omri listed" , then I try to verify those products don't use "organic acids". Basically, I try to keep my soil as natural as I can.

Try using the forum search function, to find a few soil recipes, or organic grow journals.

This site and the message board is one of the best ones around but a wider search will let you bump into personal web pages from other growers. Also use a search engine to expand your research beyond this site. They might be growing veggies or flowers but they can add to our knowledge base. And, they have a different way of looking at soils or growing that helps explain something we keep overlooking. It has worked for me but I still keep coming back here.

Back
Top Bottom